chapter 10

"beautiful" Ella tells me as she finishes doing my hair, my hair is in a long braid down my back with baby curls around my face." oh i forgot one last thing," Ella says as she grabs a basket and comes back " here we are" she says as she puts a mix of white and pink roses all along the braid.

 she adds some blush and powder, then a dab of mascara and eyeliner, when she is turned around I grab my lipstick and put it on too. 

"you look wonderful," Ella tells me.

"thanks," I say back, "I ordered special food from the kitchen, they all approve of eric, they like him better then Alexander I think," I say laughing.

 "yes everyone does I think, well except me of course," she says, when a sudden and early knock comes on the door, "looks like he is here," Ella says as she pushes me towards the door and then walks to the secret door in my room and vanishes.

  here goes, I think to myself as I open the door.  An arm grabs me and pushes me roughly down the hallway, I look up and see him. 

"I should have known"I mutter to myself. 

"in you go, princess," he says once we reach outside.

 I look at the prison car in front of me, "why what did I do?" I ask in utter confusion.

 "you fell in love with that monster, not me, now you will pay".

 "oh Alexander, I'm sorry but I won't love you no matter what." 

alexander grumbles some curses as he closes the bolt and locks me in.  I stumble around the moving prison car, it is light outside but pitches dark in here. I look around as my eyes finally adjust to the dark, I see some light seeping through a small crack in the door, I sigh to myself wondering where Eric is. 

about thirty minutes later I hear a grumbling behind me, "just my stomach" I tell myself but either way I  turn around and focus on where the sound came from, "oh my gosh, Eric!" I say surprised, I scramble over so I can help him.

 "w-what poppy is that you?" he says, his words slurred a little by the sleep medicine he was given.

 "yes, yes it is me, let me help you up,"  I tell him as I pull him to a sitting position. he puts his arm around my neck, and I lean into him as he takes a piece of my hair into his hands and twirls it around his finger over and over while humming to himself, slowly but surely my eyes close and I fall asleep.

sometime later me and Eric are thrown across the hardwood floor of the prison car. "I think we arrived," I say quietly.

"yes, I agree," he says quieter.

 I hear footsteps, then the bolt is undone and the door thrown open. all I know is that me and Eric are pouncing on the guard, hoping for an easy escape. "come on run"I say to Eric as we escape from the guard. we run and run until we fall down into the soft grass panting hard. "well that was the fastest I have run in my life" I say.

 "it obviously isn't the first time you have run either because you out ran me," Eric says impressed.

 "Oh I used to run with a royal track team," I tell him smirking.

 he smiles and says"of course you did." 

"now let's make a plan on how to get back to the castle and keep Alexander from taking my spot as queen,"I tell him determined.