chapter 7

my eyes fly open and I gasp, I look around I'm in my room laying on my bed, I'm not in Alexanders room.

 "I must be going crazy" I mutter to myself as i get up and head to get a shower and get dressed and ready. 

Ding ding, the maid bell rings.

 "yes, m-lady," the nurse says appearing in my doorway.

 "could you send Ella up here?"

 "yes, right away m-lady."

 "wait," 

"yes?"

 " after you do that you may have the rest of the day off I won't be needing you today."

 "really!" 

"yes."

 "thank you so much!" she says rushing out of the room happily.

                "Ella?" i ask when i hear my door crack open,

"uh no its Eric, I was wondering how you are doing," he asks with a hint of nervousness. 

"I'm doing good, why?"

 "you missed breakfast and lunch is soon." 

I jump up.  "what," I tell him running to a clock.

 "ya, um you had a late night I guess," he says with some bitterness in his voice. 

"Eric come here," I tell him, he walks over and I pull him onto my bed, 

"I was out having tea in the kitchen because I couldn't sleep."

 "Oh," he says surprised,

 I smile.  Then I hear a giggle outside my room, I sigh, 

"Ella," I say trying to scold her. 

"sorry if I interrupted something," she says smirking.

 "actually i was just getting ready to leave," Eric says quickly getting up and leaving. 

"just help me get this dress off," I tell Ella annoyed as soon as Eric is gone and the door is closed. 

"ok," she says as she walks over and unbuttons my dress.

                 i sit down at the table for lunch beside lady marigold and Ella, tomorrow is the day my mother died 10 years ago. Ella, lady marigold, and my dad have to keep everyone away from me so no one finds out about my curse. 

"your highness poppy," one of the guards says.

 "yes?"

 "you have a visitor." 

"yes, of course, take him to the parlor I will be right there."

 "yes your highness," the guard says as he walks away to do his duty. 

"please excuse me," I say talking more to Alexander and Eric.

"this is a very important meeting i will finish my lunch later," i tell them as i stand and gracefully walk away,  as I leave I can feel their curious stares on my back.

"your highness," says the visitor, bowing.

 "Andy" I say back as I sit down, its not that I hate Andy its just he is a major royal pain sometimes but I stay nice as I can with him because my father hired him to help find a cure for my disease, well that was 5 years ago... as you can tell it hasn't worked so far.

 "what do you want me to take this time," I ask boringly.

 "here" he hands me a glass vile, with a bubbling yellowish-green color to it.

" are you sure this is safe to drink?" 

"yes, but with my calculations 98% chance you could explode," he tells me matter of factly with a straight face. 

"ok thank you, I will take it later."

 "No, you will take it now because you are going to pour it down the sink."

 Why he knows me so well I have no idea. "Fine," I tell him as I give the liquid one last look. I lift the vile, unscrew the top and hold it to my lips. here we go. I tell my self as a drain the bubbly yellowish greenish liquid in one sip, hoping it is fine.