chapter 5

"I am so excited to meet everyone" Ella exclaims, "aren't you?" she asks curiously.

"not really" I mumble

"what did you say."

" I said yes of course I am." honestly thought I wasn't I already like Alexander.

the dress I picked out for the evening is an elegant violet satin dress with sating white flowers across it, very princess-like, my father had it specially made for me. I let Ella where the dress I wore to the ball the thick white one with red trimming and poppy seeds sprinkled throughout the dress.

"Alright," I tell Ella "now are u ready to make an entrance?"

"yes of course," she tells me a hint of excitement in her tone.

we are 2 minutes late like everyone says if you're on time you're early if you are late your right on time. I push open the doors and me and Ella walk to our spots at the table and sit down ready for dinner.

"nice entrance" lady marigold whispers next to me.

" thank you" I reply pleased that people noticed.

halfway during the meal, Alexander stands up and says " I would like to introduce you to my personal servant, he is also my good friend."

I look behind me and there is Alexanders personal servant. he has wavy blond hair, sparkling blue eyes, and a nice smile.

he walks over and bows to the king " I am honored prince Alexander brought me and if you will king Cedric may I stay as his servant while he is here?"

my father studies him looks over at Alexander, then looks at Alexanders personal servant " yes of course" says my father " what is your name?"

"My name is Eric," says Eric.

"hi," I say, "I'm poppy and this," I say pointing to Ella " is Ella she is my best friend"

"an honor to meet you your highness poppy and lady Ella," he says as he walks and stands behind Alexander, and during the rest of the dinner Alexander brags about everything, and I've started to figure out that he is a major stuck up snob prince.

After dinner I am in the gardens singing to my self when I hear a twig crack behind me, I jump back startled and trip "ouch" I groan as I sit up and see Eric standing over me offering his hand.

" are you OK your highness," he asks with concern

" yes, thank you," I say taking his hand, " and you can call me poppy"

"ok then...poppy, would you care to join me on a walk through your lovely gardens"

" why thank you I think I will," I tell him pleased.

we walk around the gardens talking and getting to know each other the more I talk to him the more I fall for him and the less I am in love with Alexander.

" Oh Ella, it was lovely," I tell her " we walked in the gardens and talked and talked it was a lovely time."

she looks at me "it sounds wonderful" she tells me " would you mind if I tried to sweep Alexander of his feet since you are stuck drooling over Eric"

" Sure you can try, but he's not a fan of you and I'm not drooling over Eric I simply am falling for him"

" hmm same thing in my book of love," she tells me laughing.

we hear a knock, "come in" I say.

lady marigold runs in " poppy come quickly it's your father."