Chapter 2: The Explanation

John sat comfortably on his old large couch in the livingroom. "So what has happened to me? If you know how to turn everlasting life into the deceased, you must know how to cure the deceased and make the being whole again." He told Miriam. Miriam sat next to John. "I knew what was happening to you when you were aging and becoming deceased." She told him.

"I must have accidentally took your immortality away." She said. John gave her a questioning look. "How?" He asked. "I don't know." Miriam replied as she got up. John lie relaxed and had to think things up for a moment. Miriam came back with a hot cup of tea for John. She smiled down at him. John delightfully took the large cup and gestured for her to sit next to him.

There was silence for a few moments then John asked "And...what about Sarah?" Miriam looked at him "Hmm?" She responded "Sarah Roberts." John said. "How do you know about Sarah?" Miriam asked. "She was the doctor. You were watching her on television, of course. I went to her to see if she could help me, but she let me down." John said.

"Yes. You shouldn't have gone to her." Miriam said. "She didn't know what to do." She added. John nodded in agreement. "Anyway, what happened to her? The last thing I can remember is that she fell off the very high staircase balcony. Something seemed very strange and different about her." He said. Miriam hesitated as she looked away. "That, I can explain later." She replied.

"Alright." John said. "I also feel terrible about what I had to do to that girl, Alice. She didn't deserve what happened to her." He said as he walked into their room where he would teach Alice violin lessons. Miriam followed him in. He sadly looked down at her violin and at the blood-stained sheet music. "I was only thinking of myself." John added. "I know. You had to keep her from knowing." Miriam said.

John sighed. "My apologies." He began. "I've been focusing too much on the people of my memories than the one I love." He said. He smiled at Miriam and she smiled back. "Why don't we get a few chords down?" John suggested as he sat in his chair and picked up the bow to his cello. "Yes." Miriam agreed as she sat down to play the piano.

The two played beautiful tunes, music, and harmonies together for a while. It had been some time ago that Miriam had the chance to play piano. Her notes went along beautifully with John's. She loved that John was a fan of classical music and composers like Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach.

It was getting late and was starting to rain. Once both of them were tired from playing so much music together, they decided that they would head up to bed. Miriam removed her dark, silky robe as her and John showered. After that, Miriam got into her soft sleepwear and went to bed. John pulled the window and drapes open to have a smoke. The sound of the rain falling was peaceful to Miriam. Then, John got into bed with Miriam.

Miriam loved the feeling of John's presence. She had forgotten that it gave her that warm feeling inside. Sleep soon tookover the both of them and the thunder was much calmer as the rain continued to pour.