Chapter 5: The Truth of Sarah Roberts

John's Flashback

It is true that Sarah Roberts seemed to be just an ordinary doctor, who had no idea about any suspicious situation going on. She did, however wonder about the illness that was injected to a lab monkey she was using. The fluid made the wild monkey have abnormal behavior and violent actions. She then noticed that the monkey was getting weaker much faster, until it finally collapsed and died.

When she met John Blaylock, who walked into her private office, she saw a young man who seemed to be aging rapidly. She made him sit in the waiting room, while she went back to her business. It seemed like John was waiting for a ridiculous amount of time.

When she came back, she saw that John had already left. She rushed down to the stairs to see him exiting the hedquarters quickly to leave, as if he were hiding something. "Sarah Roberts, you let me down." He said, his anger showing in his speed. was chasing after him. "Mr. Blaylock, please! Wait!" She shouted. "Wait? Wait for what? For you to just put me in the patient's lounge and forget about me." John said, without stopping.

Once John got in the elevator, Sarah caught up with him. "Wait!" She shouted again. She saw John the last time for a split second before the elevator doors closed, who transformed from a young man to a very old man in just a minimum of seconds before her eyes. She was shocked by what she had just seen.

_____________________________________

                        Reality

John and Miriam both had a peaceful night's rest they had a wonderful evening the previous day. They woke up together, staying in bed and just having time to talk to each other. They brought up wonderful conversations and plenty of laughs.

Miriam finally decided that it was time to bring up the topic of Sarah. "John, about what happened to Sarah..." She began. "Yes?" John replied with surprise in his voice. Miriam hesitated. "I was the reason for what happened to her." She told him. John looked at Miriam with a sorrowful expression. "It's not your fault, dearest. You had to keep her from knowing what was going on." He said, wrapping his arms around Miriam, pulling her close to him.

It hurt when Miriam told John the truth, but at the same time, she was relieved that he was not angry with her. She loved the feeling of being close to John in his tight embrace. It was like an injury getting immediately healed.

Once they got out of bed, the two went downstairs to the livingroom to relax and watch telivision, when suddenly, they heard a harsh knock at the door. Both John and Miriam turned their attention to the sound. "Doctors from lab hedquarters! We want to ask a few questions!" They heard a voice at the door say.

John and Miriam looked at each other, and then they got up and patiently went to the fron door. Miriam opened the door to see a large group of doctors, men and women, wearing the same looking clothing she saw the lab specialists wearing on television. "We're looking for Sarah Roberts." One man said, standing in the front. "She's been missing for months now. No one has had any luck of finding her." Said a woman doctor.

"I'm sure she might have passed by here." Miriam said, reassuringly, knowing the real truth. "Please come in." She told them. The doctors made their way into the large, old-fashioned mansion, where they looked up, down, and all around. Miriam and John smirked at each other as they had something planned.

"Please follow us." John said as he politely lead the doctors into the dining room Miriam was setting up a nice dinner for them at the large dinner table. The doctors had seats side by side and across from each other, while Miriam and John sat a rather distance from each other.

"So, you all knew Sarah Roberts." Miriam began. "Yes." A woman said. "She worked with us." Another woman added. Miriam's expression became more interested. "What sort of project were you all working on?" She asked. "We do strict experiments that are private and off limits. We do not wish to give them away." Said a man. "Whatever their experiments are, they sure have trouble understanding how they work." John thought to himself.

"I understand." Miriam said, nodding patiently. "Now, it's time we ask the questions." The man said. "When was the last time you saw Sarah?" He asked. "I invited her over for a visit. Then, that's when the horrible tragety happened." Miriam said.

Suddenly, all lights went out in the dining room as well as the entire house. Suddenly Miriam was able to play a trick on every one of the doctor's minds. She created the very realistic image of a woman with red curls and beautiful, big brown eyes. The woman was looking at everyone with a smile.

"Sarah? Is that you?" One of the men asked. Then, with lightning speed, Miriam and John pulled out their sharp daggers and instantly slit every throat of each doctor all at once in a big, striking motion. The doctors, with their last moment of terror frozen on their faces, collapsed to the ground.

Once that deed was done, Miriam and John had a delightful refreshment of blood to tie them over the rest of the day. They cleaned their bloody daggers off once again. "Come." Miriam told John. "It's time you saw the truth with your own eyes." She said, as she lead him to the attic.