Chapter 6: What Have You Done to Me?

A/N: Thank you all for waiting so patiently It has literally been 2 years since I updated my stories and I apologize! I hope you enjoy this bit!

Miriam has led John to a certain part of the house he had never been to before. It was a very private guest room that seemed to be hidden away on the lower level of the house. There, she opened the door, leading John inside. What he saw frightening him at first, but then who he saw seemed familiar.
Red hair, thin, large brown eyes...Dr. Roberts?
The condition he saw her in was horrific. She was very thin, pale, sweaty and had an extremely infected bite mark on her arm.

"Mr. Blaylock! Is that you?! Help me please!" Sarah shouted as she struggled to move from being tied to the bed. "Dr. Roberts! Good God! What happened to you?!" John asked with a look of fear and concern. "Her!" Sarah shouted pointing her finger and glaring at Miriam.
"Your wife...She's crazy! She took my blood and turned me into this bloodthirsty monster!" Miriam looked down at Sarah with sad eyes. "I'm very sorry Sarah but I-" "Sorry?!" Sarah cut her off. "You think that it's okay to make a pass at someone and entrance them with all your feminine charm and sappy love songs and then either kill them or turn them into monsters?! You've ruined me!" Sarah shouted.

Miriam felt tears stream down her face. Sarah was a mortal who she actually seemed to admire. She loved the way she looked, smiled, and spoke. She had such an outgoing personality.
"I feel terrible for ever doing this to you Sarah. You mean so much to me."
Sarah looked Miriam in the eyes. "And to think I thought we actually had something good going." She said with pain in her tone of voice.
Miriam wiped more tears and quickly walked out of the room. John followed her closely behind, closing the door behind them.

"Miriam, Darling. What is she talking about?" John asked with his arm around her. After sobbing, Miriam looked into John's eyes. "John... there is something else I need to tell you. After your supposed death, Sarah came to visit. We just sat for a little while and had a nice chat, but then... my urges took over."
John's face flashed with curiosity. "What do you mean?" He asked.
Miriam looked more guilty than ever. "She was just so beautiful, I... we.... we had an affair, John."
John's face went pale and Miriam could tell he was hurt. "But I love you the most, John. Nothing will ever change that." Waiting for a response from her husband, Miriam held John in a tight embrace. "I love you so much John. Please don't leave me." She pleaded.
John slowly hugged her back. "I would never leave you. love you more than words can explain, Miriam. Thank you for telling me about this." He said assuringly, but still in shock. Miriam was extremely relieved. John brought her face to his.
"There is nothing you could do that could ever make me stop loving you." He gave her a peck on the lips.

They hugged each other again. "We should probably try to go in there and reason with her some more." Miriam explained. "Yes." John agreed. "Let's go back in." The two opened the door to the private room and entered. When they did, Sarah was still there, still lying on the bed in the state she had been.
"Sarah." Miriam began as Sarah looked up at her with an untrusting expression.
"There is no hope for you to become mortal again because of what I have caused, but is there any way I can make anything up to you as an apology?" She asked.
Sarah's face became calm. "Well, I guess since your husband is alive now, you've told him about our little..." "Yes, yes." John replied reassuringly. "Right." Sarah suddenly felt sorry for bringing it up. "Well, I guess I am a little hungry." She said with a slight smirk and giggle. Miriam and John smiled at each other after that statement. Knowing that Miriam now feasted on the blood of others, they knew of some people she strongly disliked.

"Is there anyone you'd like us to hunt tonight?" John asked politely as Miriam untied her from the bed.
"Well, I think we'd all be better without that one guy who always hollers at me in the street shouting things that should absolutely not be said to women." Sarah explained.
"He'll be first on our list." John said. "We know exactly where to find him." Miriam added with a smile.
"Oh, Thanks so much." Sarah said, relaxing comfortably on the bed. "Oh, also!" Miriam scrambled to find medication for her wounds. "These will relieve your pain." She explained. "Thank you so much Miriam. Really." Sarah said with her big smile and brown eyes gleaming. "Of course. Anything." Miriam replied, her closed, red lips formed a big smile. She then left the room with John.
"We'll be back at dinner." She said. "Alright." Sarah replied.

John and Miriam got into the car. John started the engine and they drove into town to find Sarah's street-walking nemesis. "I see him." John said, spotting a man in a black coat and sunglasses. "Let's get closer." Said Miriam. John pulled up swiftly in front of the man.
"Hey, jerk! What's the big idea?!" The man shouted aggressively.
"Excuse me?" Miriam said smoothly as she exited the vehicle in her long black dress and cat eye sunglasses. The man paused.
"Oh. Uh, hey there. The man walked closer and shot a smooth smile. I didn't know there was a pretty lady being driven around in this vehicle.
Miriam walked towards his slowly with her charming smile. She drew the man's attention away from the vehicle and placed her palm under his chin. This was John's opportunity to exit the vehicle and pull out the dagger. He did just that. The man was completely unsuspecting that John was right behind him.

"You know, I was wondering... are you free tonigh—AGH!!" John slit the man's throat before he could get his word out. "Apologies, Sir, but this woman happens to be my woman." John said playfully, which made Miriam chuckle. They quickly threw the body of the man into the trunk of the car and drove home.

Once they arrived, they saw Sarah in the dining room sitting at the table. "We have something for you." They quickly pulled the body of the man into the house for Sarah to see. "Oh my Gosh." Sarah was was shocked, but filled with joy and relief at the same time. "Wow. You guys sure did a number on him." She chuckled.
"His blood is still fresh. He's all yours." John explained. "Oh, thank you so much. I was starved." Sarah snatched the recently deceased man and happily feasted on his blood.
John and Miriam also sat down and enjoyed their slightly more proper feast for dinner.

Once it got late, the three of them were tired. "Sarah, would you like our bed tonight?" Miriam asked. "Oh no. I'm fine. Thanks. I'll sleep where I was. Goodnight." Sarah said "Goodnight." Both Miriam and John replied.

John and Miriam don't usually stay up later than usual, but today was a day where it was rarely just the two of them. Miriam cuddled up to John on their large sofa couch and watched television.
"You know," John began. "I really believe that you made Sarah happy today." He said. "We made her happy." Miriam said lovingly.
"I still feel so guilty for what I did to her, John." John looked at Miriam.
"Miriam, Love. God forgives. I forgive. Even she forgives you. The past is behind us. Don't you worry, alright?"
"Alright." She replied.
"Goodnight, John."
"Goodnight, Miriam."
Miriam resting her head on John's chest and John with his arms around her in a tight embrace suddenly fell asleep together.
White noise of the television still on and the rain outside.

Both John and Miriam had felt a feeling of not only satisfaction, but positivity of their deeds they had done for Sarah Roberts.

A/N: Really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Next chapter will be the last!