Chapter 4: The Aftermath

Miriam awoke from her slumber and sat up. Her movement also woke John. She smiled sweetly at him. John smiled back at her and stretched, letting out a pleasuring groan. "That was some night last night." He said. "Yes." Miriam replied, as she got up to go to the attic. John watched her every move with a smile on his lips. He decided he would get up and brew the hot tea himself, to save Miriam from doing all the work.

Once Miriam reached the attic, she knelt beside the 2 coffins of the recent victims from last night. With almost no struggle, she picked up the heavy wooden coffins and stacked them one by one with the coffins of the other victims. She placed her hand on them. "Be good to these two." She told her deceased victims, as if speaking to their spirits. "Especially you." Miriam said to one specific coffin, known to be Sarah Roberts'.

Once Miriam went back downstairs to the luxurious livingroom, she saw John holding a tray with a pot and 2 mugs of hot tea. John smiled when he noticed her. Miriam was pleasantly surprised. "What is this, John?" She asked with a giggle. "Your usual favorite hot beverage, which you enjoy serving." John said with a toothy grin. Miriam loved how John would come up with ways to get on her good side.

"Sit, dearest." John told Miriam. Miriam sat down in the large, comfortable chair as John poured tea into her mug, then sat across from her. There was an odd, but quite plesant silence as the two happily sipped their tea. John and Miriam felt good as new after that feast the previous night. Never was there a more fresh and elegant feeling.

John decided to break the silence. "I must say, I feel like a whole new man, Miriam." He said. Miriam looked up at him. "Might I add that you look as dashingly beautiful as the day I met you." John added, smiling lovingly at Miriam. His piercing blue eyes gave her a pleasant chill down her spine. Miriam gave John a shy smile, as she twirled a strand of her long, blonde hair.

"Oh, John. You always know what to say." Miriam said. John's eyes skimmed Miriam's body head to toe. "I miss what we had." He said to her ever so slyly. Miriam smirked at John as she covered all access to the swell of her breasts to her legs with her silk sheet she wore. "We will have plenty of time for that later." She told him. John chuckled. The two of them went to the master bedroom to get dressed in their everyday public wear.

Miriam wore her very rather occasional victorian dress. She got on her shoes, twist curled her hair and pulled it up in a high hive. She touched up with her scarlett lipstick. Her foundation fit her perfect pale skin. Once she she was finished her complexion was the most beautiful.

John wore his elegant baby blue velvet suit with ruffles and his light brown leggings. He also wore his freshly-polished, long black boots. To top everything off, he tucked a red handkerchief in the chest of his suit pocket. His appearence was one of a handsome, elegant spirit.

One of John and Miriam's all-time favorite things to do was dance. Especially in public and on stage. John stepped at the bottom of the grand staircase, waiting for his love. Miriam stepped out from the top of the staircase and took a glance down at John. John looked up to see the love of his life in the most beautiful form imagined.

"Have my eyes flashed before me?" He said to Miriam with the most admiring look he could give to no one else but her. Miriam smiled and came down the stairs. She stroked John on the chest with the gentle touch of her hand. "All I see is the handsome young man I've met years ago. She said, referring to John.

John held his arm out to Miriam as she grasped it and the two of them were off to the grand city stage.

Once they arrived, they noticed that the stage was crowded with thousands of people. They headed backstage to prepare. John was on one side of the stage and Miriam was on the other.

Once the curtain opened, the classical song, Lakme by Leo Delibes started playing. "Now, my dearest, let us show them the meaning of the word dance." John said. He made his first graceful leap into the middle of the stage as Miriam made her first graceful twirl.

John made his second vibrant move as Miriam followed his lead. John took Miriam's hand and the two circled each other, staring deeply into each other's eyes. The audience was puzzled and amazed by what they were seeing.

The circle that John and Miriam had going suddenly turned into a waltz as John held Miriam's waist and Miriam put her hand on John's shoulder. Together, they danced. John spun Miriam out, and then back in.

For their final move, John leaped across and gave Miriam a lift up into the air, where she did a graceful twirl. John cought her and held her close. The audience's applause was unbelievable. Forgetting everyone around him, John kissed Miriam passionately.

Entranced by his kiss, Miriam put her arms around John in a tight, loving embrace. When the two pulled apart, the gazed into each other's eyes and then back to the roaring audience, where They took an elegant bow.