Chapter 3: The Feast

A/N: This chapter contains some blood-thirsty content... but I hope you enjoy this bit! ;)
* * * * * *

The light of morning was shining through the bedroom windows. Miriam opened her eyes and stretched. She looked over at John, who was still asleep. She smiled down at him and kissed him. John woke shortly after that. "Good morning." Miriam said. "Oh... good morning." John said sleepily.

Both of them hot dressed and headed to their livingroom. John sat in his chair, reading one of his books, while Miriam was making breakfast. She brought John a breakfast roll and a cup of coffee. "Why are these books so badly written, I wonder?" John said, flipping through the pages. Miriam smiled. "I can't say I know, Dearest." She told him.

John closed the book, took a sip of his coffee and watched the television. "It's a shame that Sarah Roberts is not on telivision anymore." He said. Miriam nodded as she sadly looked down. John looked at her with concern. "Look, Darling, I'm sorry I keep bringing her up, it's just that I'm curious about what happened to her." He told her. Miriam turned her expression to the cloudy sight outside the window. "I would be too." She said, feeling guilty.

John didn't want to carry on with that topic, so he decided to talk about the plans for the feasting. "When do you think we should head out tonight?" Miriam asked. "Near sundown. The birth of dusk." John said. "Not sooner, nor later." He added. "Where do you think is a good place to go?" Miriam asked him.
John smirked. "The theatre." He said.

Dusk
The sun was going down and the night sky was getting darker. John and Miriam put on dressy outfits as they left their mansion and headed to the theatre. Once they arrived, they stood backstage. They peeked through the curtain and spotted a beautiful young couple in the audience.

"What if we were to go for one of the actors?" John asked. "No. We can't." Miriam told him. "It would be too suspicious." She said. "You're right." John agreed. The production was starting. John and Miriam made their way to the couple and very casually smiled and said hello. The couple was also very friendly. They started off a very well conversation.

John and Miriam drove the couple to their mansion. "I'll charm the man." Miriam whispered to John. "Good and I'll charm the woman." John whispered back to Miriam. Once they arrived, the four of them entered the mansion and sat on the large couch. Miriam brought drinks for the guests.

Miriam walked over to the man and walked him into a seperate room. She smiled at him as she looked into his eyes. The man was already mezmorized by her. She unbuttoned the top of his shirt, leaving his chest open, for her to make her incision.

John took the woman into another room as he politely took her drink and set it aside. He smiled at her pretty face and let her hair down. The young woman looked into his gorgeous eyes and gave him a loving expression. John removed her jacket so that there would be a good amount of skin for him to make his mark.

Meanwhile, Miriam takes a few more steps closer to the man until he is finally in a trance. She quickly grabbed the man by his neck and slit a deep cut his chest with her sharp dagger. The man shouted in pain then fell to the floor with a thud. Miriam drank. The refreshment of the man's blood made her feel satisfied.

In the other room, John put his hands around the woman's waist. The woman layed her head on John's shoulder. Now was his chance! John slipped out his dagger and quickly slit the woman's neck. The woman screamed in pain as she collapsed onto the bed, lifeless. John drank the blood. It had been his first feast in a while. He had felt new and refreshed.

After that deed was done. John and Miriam carried the victims' bodies up to the attic, where they put them in two wooden coffins. Miriam and John looked at each other and smiled. They went to wash off the remains of the victims' blood off of their hands.

They went to the livingroom and layed together on their large sofa. "A job well done." John said. Miriam nodded and smiled at him. John ran his fingers through Miriam's hair and kissed her passionately. Miriam put her arms around his shoulders, then rested her head on his chest. "I love you, Miriam." John said, caressing her back. Miriam sighed. "I love you, John." She said as she dozed off into sleep.