Preference #2 - Your first kiss - Zion

You had been looking forward to this night for weeks. After a stressful period full of exams, family issues and school drama, there was finally an occasion to forget about everything and simply enjoy the moment. One of your closest friends, Brandon, had invited you to a house party and insisted you had to be there.

At first, you were slightly sceptical. Not because there was going to be a considerable amount of alcohol, and not because you were shy, but because Brandon shared the house with four other guys and one was making you extremely uncomfortable. You got along with Edwin and Nick amazingly well, and the few times Brandon had invited you over, you spent enough time with them to create a special bond with them. Eating ice cream on a cold winter day, going completely crazy over a football game, failing at learning you how to ace baseball games and laughing heartily as you assisted Edwin in dying his hair, had become some of your happiest memories.

It wasn't like that with Austin and Zion. They always stayed at a distance. Austin had made some attempts to talk to you, but it was as if Zion was always pulling him back or even telling him off when he did. The last time you visited, even Edwin and Nick were acting colder towards you than ever. Brandon told you not to worry about it, but it made you sad. You had never even talked to him, yet it seemed as if he carried around an inherent hate for you. When Brandon invited you to the party, you had laughed sarcastically, thinking he was joking.

"What, so you found a way to have Mr. 'I-Don't-Like-You-Stay-Away-From-My-Friends' allow me back into your house? It's been a while since you even made me come there, and I know it's because of him," you had looked back at Brandon, who remained silent. "Don't tell me it isn't," you had shaken your head. "I know in the way he acts. I'm not stupid. I'm positive I even saw him stop Austin from talking to me. And he set Nick and Edwin up against me as well. I won't have a good time if I keep feeling like you only invited me to be polite, and I'll feel worse if I know I'm not wanted."

Brandon smiled softly. "You're my best friend, Y/N. I want you there. Don't pay attention to him. He's conflicted about many things at the moment, he doesn't know what he's doing," he had paused, seemingly to reflect upon something. You had responded with a confused frown but were met with a shrug. "It's nothing. Please, Y/N. Do me a favour and come have a party at ours. It'll be fun, I promise."

In the end, you couldn't bear the thought of letting down your best friend. His words had come across so comforting that you decided to go. After all, the house was so big and many people were invited, the chance of having to spend more than two minutes with Zion was relatively small. You decided to focus on the party, and not overthink.

The night had come and you were nervously standing in front of the door after ringing the doorbell. Cheerful party music was coming from the house.

As the door flung open, you were hoping two things: 1) that your little black dress (https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=232222627) was not too much compared to what the other people were wearing and 2) that Zion's face wouldn't be the first one you saw that night.

Wish 1: granted. Wish 2: less lucky.

A seemingly startled Zion was standing in the door opening, and it occurred to you that Brandon probably hadn't told him you were coming. So that the night wouldn't start off with a bad vibe. You almost sighed in relief as Brandon and Edwin popped up from behind him, their faces lit up with happy smiles.

"Y/N!" Edwin exclaimed, pushing Zion out of the way, who was still simply staring at you. "Brandon said he wasn't sure you would make it!" He gave you a tight hug, which caused Zion to walk away without saying a word. You decided to do as Brandon told you, and pay no attention to him. This was going to be a good night, you needed it to be.