The one that got away

I've found my right love but I let my true love slipped. I guess you can't really have both, you always gotta choose. The world isn't always in your favor. It can make a 180 degree turn that change everything at an instant. You need to fight for it or you'll lose it. And as for me, I let him turn his on me.

That moment I've met him, I was certain. He is the kind of man I would like to spend my whole life with. By just barely looking in his eyes, I was drowned into his world. I've found things I seek for a very long time. He is a mystery yet he became an open book whenever he's with me. He never let secrets torn us apart. He cared so much about me and everything we had. We were lucky to found each other. Doing things side by side. We've almost surpassed everything. It was perfect but at one point, I've realized it doesn't feel right. It's to good to be true. I've became doubtful of everything we've shared. I was so afraid that I might lose it, and I did.

Everything went so fast. We've drifted apart. Found ourselves new lives. New people to share our everyday life. Looking back, I never knew we were capable of letting go. I mean, how can you actually let your true love slip when all you did was to wish for his arrival. It was really hard, but when all you can feel is pain you became capable of doings things. Pain really changes people an how they look at life.

We have different versions of happily ever after, mine is letting go of my true love and finding the right love. It was worth the pain. All of it. He may still be my "the one that got away," but I've never regret letting him go.