5. When Like poles crash.... part 1.

Assalaam alaykum lovelies. Hope you all doing well and good. Got nothing much just a little prayer.

May we all meet in real under Allah's shade with all our loved ones. Ameeen.

"Are you sure you have rehearsed your poem well?" Tasniim, a fair lady in her mid twenties asked her friend, Salma.

"Thy poetess needs no rehears'O, thy made thee poem herself." Replied  Salma in her broken British accent.

Tasniim just smiled, she had a million comebacks for that but since all were super perfect she wasn't sure which one to choose plus she was pretty busy she just decided to stay silent and give that "I owe you" smile.

Tasniim and Salma had met a couple of years back, when Tasniim had attended Salma's mothers' counseling sessions. Tasniim had been in a total havoc and since Husaynah had really helped soothe her heart back then and build her confidence, She couldn't help feeling attached to her.  From regular greetings over the phone to more gifts showered with pure love for Allah,s sake, Tasniim just blended in the family perfectly. Something she was really proud of, as this little new family -Husaynah was a single parent to her only child, Salma- always made her feel like their own and every time they met she realized her faith in Allah became much stronger.

And that is how despite the great age difference between them.. uhmm correction. despite the age difference, the two had grown so fond. Tasniim was 26 yrs old whereas Salma was a spoiled 19 yrs old.

A few weeks back, the organization of Proud Muslim Girls (PMG), had organized a camp for girls between 18 yrs. to 24 yrs. Every year they would camp for two weeks and celebrate their prize giving day on Arafah.

Tasniim and Salma have never attended the camp, since Tasniim was already married and Salma didn't like the idea of being anywhere far from the only two women in her heart, Tasniim, her loveliest sister in Islam and Husaynah, her mom.

However, the pair always attended the function as Tasniim's aunt was the chair lady of PMG. This time, she had an important meeting to attend during the function time. So, because she didn't want to cancel anything, everything was handed over to the adorable niece Tasniim. And there she was, "The Master of Ceremony"

Salma being Salma add Salma being the appointed MCs partner in crime assigned herself at the entrance selling handworks made by the girls at the camp. Bracelets, necklaces, earrings, pencil cases, makeup kits among many others. Snacks were there too, from cookies to biscuits to cakes. Typical work considering all her energy and enthusiasm.

"Tasnim ukhty, which nasheed should start first?" One girl asked heading towards them. "Oops sorry I didn't say my salaam. Assalaam Alaykum" she said as she shook their hands placing light kisses on their cheeks.

"Waalaykum salaam." The pair replied with smiles. "We rechecked the schedule with Naiimah everything should go according to that plan"

"But she is the one who sent me to you."

"What? Let me come and see what went wrong"

Before leaving, she turned to Salma and said, "Remind me to report your teacher to the board of education. He/She has to be fired."

Salma raised her left eyebrow in surprise, and in a fraction it clicked her, that Tasniim was referring to her broken British accent. She started laughing and muttered "craazzyyy" silently so that the girl won't hear.

Tasniim stuck her tongue out and gave that "I didn't know that" look with her eyebrows depicting the fake shock in her, leaving Salma wonder whether they had actually attended some classes of sentencing using eyes, eyes brows, and lips.