16. Loving The Most Merciful

"Al-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘ala ‘ibaad-Illaah il-saaliheen" (peace be upon us and upon the righteous slaves of Allaah) Sulayman greeted no one in particular as he entered in their home, as per the sunnah of our beloved prophet may peace be upon him.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his book al-Adhkaar (p. 49):

It is mustahabb to say Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah) and to remember Allaah a great deal, and to say salaam, whether there is any human being in the house or not, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But when you enter the houses, greet one another with a greeting from Allaah (i.e. say: As-Salaamu ‘Alaykum — peace be on you), blessed and good”

[al-Noor 24:61]

Al Bukhari narrated in al-Adab al-Mufrad (1055) that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “When you enter an uninhabited house, say “Al-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘ala ‘ibaad-Illaah il-saaliheen (peace be upon us and upon the righteous slaves of Allaah.

Abdullah followed behind him making his way towards the sofa while Sulaymaan sat on the armchair.

"I need to go visit the library later on. For recipes and stuffs." Sulaymaan told his brother. They had just returned from job-hunting so he thought he should start refreshing his knowledge.

The task wasn't easy. Living in a world where even degree holders complained of lack of employment, the likes of Sulaymaan who had no papers stood extremely minimum chance of securing a proper job.

Sulaymaan's papers were confiscated at the time of his arrest, and unfortunately, he never got them back.

"In Shaa Allah. That's wonderful." Abdullah found it amazing, how Sulaymaan acted as if he had got the job already. Such great level of Husn Dhann Billah. (Thinking well of Allah.)

"I believe you will get a job." Abdullah promised. Why wouldn't he, when Allah himself had taught us that,

(وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَلْ لَهُ مَخْرَجًا)
[Surat At-Talaq 2]
And whoever fears Allah -  He will make for him a way out.

(إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ)
[Surat Aal-E-Imran 9]
Indeed Allah does not fail in his promise.

"Indeed, because Allah is sufficient for us. Baaraka Allahu fiyk." Sulaymaan replied with a smile, trusting his brother's strong words.

"How did you get yours?" Sulaymaan asked randomly, referring to Abdullah's occupation as a gardener in a certain university. And surprisingly, Maa Shaa Allaah (as Allah had willed), he had a lovely salary.

Abdullah's lips formed a slight curve, and by staring into his eyes one could clearly see how his mind drifted far away into the unforgettable memories. A lot of events flashed back in a second, yet when he opened his mouth to speak, he started with the title of all those  memories,

"It's just by Allah's grace."

Allah. His best Friend. His Protector and Master. Whenever he recalled memories from the past, sweet or bitter, summer or winter, he would do his best to focus on how Allah's mercy enveloped him through out.

For the trials and tribulations were meant for expiation.

They taught him the sweetness of beseeching Allah, begging Him, calling unto His beautiful names.
Thus, he learnt through all the hurricanes.

The more storms he underwent, the stronger his faith felt.

The tougher the times he went through, the more his love for Him grew and grew.

Through bowing and prostration and prayer after prayer,
He thanked of Allaah for drawing Him nearer.

It was just amazing. As the author Dr. A'aidh Al-Qarniy wrote in his work, 'The happiest woman in the world', [Not a direct quote, for I read it more than two years back] Whenever you are in sheer darkness, just imagine the smile that awaits you, for you had certainly been in bad days before, and (by Allah's mercy) you smiled. So again, this too shall pass, and you will smile and so on.

"When I landed here, I was jobless with totally no plans and no friends, save for Allah." See, he never narrates his past without mentioning his Friend. "I slept in a bus for three nights, as I feared booking a hotel would cost me a lot of cash."

Sulaymaan winced on that. He felt really bad that Abdullah had spent a great load of his wealth to free him. Ya Allah fulfil his desires and grant him Jannah. He muttered silently.

"I was living with this principle that, Spend to Loan only." The way Sulayman's left eyebrow raised and how his eyes widened slightly showing how he had no idea what he meant was enough for Abdullah to go on.

"Spending it in Allah's way, for that is the most profitable loan, right? Abu Dah Daah."