10. Swabran Yaa Nafsiy

Swabran Yaa Nafsiy.
Have patience O soul of mine.

Sulayman sat at the only armchair in the room. As usual, he was deeply engaged in thoughts 💭. Today was a really special day to him. His patience was going to pay soon by the will of Allah. He kept chanting to himself... Swabran Yaa Nafsiy.

The last time he visited his wife, Juweyriya had informed him that there were rumors that one of the prisoners was going to be set free, through the president's pardon. It was a rule that whenever one inmate got hung for a death sentence, one is to be set free.

Although there were no special criteria for who exactly wins that honor, those who had stayed longer were most likely to be chosen. 

No words could actually describe Sulayman's joy after hearing such news. He was over the moon as they say. Since he came back from the prison, he kept reminding Abdullah over and over, excited that their prayers were to be answered soon. 

He believed that by thinking good of Allaah, his wish was most likely to be granted. You know that joy, that feeling whenyou are finally granted what you have prayed for, after such a long period of time.

Everytime he would shun the negative whispers crossing his mind, that 'your wife is but an extremist to them, she will never get chosen'. He forced his mind and soul to trust in The Most Merciful.

Why wouldn't he, when in the past seven years, he was helpless,  ever distressed, alone...

Yet Allah never left his side. Allah was ever there for Him. He learnt how to trust Allah, He learnt the true essence of Allah calling Himself, The Wise. He acquired all the patience he needed and shall ever need. And most important, he understood that Allah, answers our prayers when He knows there's goodness for us. Blessed is Allah. 

"Brother, I'm so nervous. May Allah forbid, what if...?" Again, he paused as he muttered Swabran Yaa Nafsiy. Sulayman spoke in such a low voice as if he was talking to himself. He was too scared to even voice out his thoughts. The last thing he wanted was to come home without his Juweyriya. 

"Yaa ukhayya, (O little brother). 

Remember Allah's words, 

أمن يجيب المضطر إذا دعاه

Is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him.

Allah has seen your efforts and heard your prayers, and He knows best of what the hearts conceal."

Abdullah comforted him. He spoke from his heart as he stared directly into his eyes.

"My heart holds deep faith in Him, brother. It's just that am so scared of coming back without her.
But brother, Jazaaka Allaah kheyr for your comforting words. " 

Sulayman continued with his struggle of having full trust in Allah, and not falling prey to the devil, fighting so hard to get the believers loose hope in Allah's mercy. 

"Just please pray that she get released." He pleaded like a toddler yearning for chocolate. His eyes carrying the fondness always seen whenever he mentioned his beloved. 

"May Allah grant her and All Muslims quick release. Amiin" Abdullah prayed to the Lord of the Heavens and Earth. 

Some few minutes of silence went on, until Abdullah decided to break it. "Come on dear groom, let's have some breakfast before you get late for your bride." His dimpled smile as visible as a full moon in the sky. 

Sulayman blushed. "Only the bride shall feed the husband." He said stressing on the word husband, as he crossed his arms to show how adamant he is planning to be.