Chapter 5

Yachi walks on the hallway, her hands gripping the straps of her bag, head laying low and eyes on the ground. It's her usual look whenever she would walk her way to school. Nobody would even dare greet her because she's just a no one to everybody.

"YACHI-SAAAANNNNN!"

Oh, except for this guy.

She turns her head to look at the person's face who just yelled her name. She was a little bit surprised because nobody greets her in school. She spotted that messy, orange hair which is familiar. It was Hinata. He is jogging towards her direction at a pretty fast pace and his arm is waving at her. She stops walking and waited for him.

"Hinata..."

"I'm soooo sorry about yesterday!" He said after reaching her. "I have club activities that I forgot about meeting with you. I'm terribly sorry," he apologized, his face is screaming "I didn't mean it" which made Yachi stifle a giggle.

"Ah, you mean that. I-it's fine. You apologized s-so I feel much better now," she smiled.

Both start walking. Hinata may be pretty fast when it comes to walking or running but he makes sure to walk on the same pace as Yachi.

"So, are you coming tonight?" He asked her, eager to know the answer.

She furrowed her eyebrows and gave him a questioning look.

"I mean the party. Are you coming or nah?" He clarified.

"Oh, the party..." she hesitated and travels her eyes on the ground again. "I... I'm not sure," she said in a low voice.

"Hmm... how about it? As an apology for yesterday, I'll accompany you to the party so you'll feel more comfortable. I can excuse myself to the team for you," he suggested, his face is now wearing a bright smile.

She felt a little embarrassed by this statement. She can feel her cheeks turning hot. "T-that sounds s-se-selfish. You don't have to do that," she retorted.

"It's fine. Don't worry. They can have fun without me," he stopped walking when they arrived at the room of Class 1-1. "Ah, my room is here. See ya later," he waved her goodbye before entering the room.

"So he's also a first year," she said to herself while looking on their class sign.

°°°

"Mom, aren't you supposed to be at work right now?" Yachi asked, confusion and shock hinted her tone while staring at her mom from the door.

The brunette turned to her and smile. She was looking through her jewelry box with a necklace on her hand.

"Welcome back. I took an early leave today. Considering you, you might probably not even dare to attend your party so I came home early to send you off and put some make over on you."

Yachi frowned. Her mother turns to be surprisingly hyper when it comes to this which makes her feel weird. She doesn't want the make over and stuff. She just wanted to look plain if ever she's attending the party without her mother at home. But she doesn't want to make her sad by rejecting her happy mood so she usually go along with it.

"You don't need to do that. I can do it by my own. And it would be a waste if I didn't use the dress you bought for me so you don't have to worry," she sighed.

"I should be worrying. Anyway, come here. I'll try this one on you," she gestured her to come sit beside her while showing the necklace on her hand.

She doesn't know if she should be thankful for having a mother who is so supportive when it comes to this when in fact, she lacks interest in.

After minutes of fixing applying light make ups and trying on different accessories, Madoka looked satisfied with how her daughter's look turned out. The dress her mom bought her and some accessories her mom lends her looks perfect on her. She looks gorgeous in her makeover yet she feels uncomfortable with the way she looks.

"Alright, you're ready to go," her mom smiled then places her hands on her hips. "And this," she reaches at Yachi's hair clip and pulls it off. She took some hair pin with star decorations on it and put it on her. "There, much better."

Madoka fixes the kits on the table and took her keys. "I'll take you to your school."

Yachi slowly nods and follows her mother to their car. She was silent the whole ride. She thinks that it's impossible to survive in the party. Even now, she can feel her heart beating fast due to nervousness. The car stops when they got to the front of their school. Yachi gets outside the car. She saw several students who are already inside the campus. She took a big gulp.

"Just call me when you want to go home already, okay?"

Her mom went ahead after saying that. Her anxiety came rushing again. She wants to go back. She wants to call her mom already. But she's already here. There's no turning back.

"It's going to be fine. It's just one night. You can do it, Hitoka."

ⓐⓝ

Hitoka = me  
Madoka = my mom