24 - The Happily Ever After Pt 2

"Babe, get the flowers!" Hana called up to her husband. "Ha Youngie, get them to re-do your makeup. You're sweating too much." She turned to her son, "Ha Neul, fix your bowtie."

"Hana, relax." Yoongi held on her shoulders. "Ha Young, your bouquet." He passed his daughter the pink and purple roses, laced with baby breaths. "Ha Neul, no, you're just making it worse. Come here."

"Ha Youngie, do I look okay?" Taehyung asked his daughter.

"Appa, I'm the one who's supposed to ask you that!" Ha Young exasperatedly said, fixing her wedding gown.

"Okay! Too many people in this room!" Jimin who had had enough screamed out. "Noona, you and Ha Neul go wait at the seats already. Ha Young baby, samchoon will wait outside as well okay?" He softly said as he kissed the young woman's forehead.

They got ready at the door, Ha Young arms linked with both Yoongi and Taehyung's. She took a deep breath as she stepped out to her husband to be.

Yoongi looked at Hana with tears in their eyes as he passed her on the isle.

Later that night, Hana laid her head on his arm as he pulled her in for a snuggle.

"That was hectic." Yoongi laughed it out.

"Yeah." Hana nuzzled his chest. "Ha Neul's wedding would be less hectic I hope."

"Hopefully. But then again it might not. Seeing as how I was all over the place when I married you."

Hana gave a light chuckle. "I remember how nervous you were. You were literally shaking."

"You were lucky your dress was long. Or else I would be able to see your toes wiggling."

"What?"

"You wiggle your toes when you're nervous."

"I do not!"

"Yes you do babe."

She huffed out, wanting to disagree but was just too tired so she just pouted.

Yoongi looked at her and smiled wide.

"What are you doing?" She asked softly.

"Staring at you."

"Why?"

"So if I die now, you'd be the last thing I see."

She smiled.

—————

"Mrs Min," the doctor called her from the door softly, opening it up to let her come inside.

"She's here." Hana's granddaughter stood up from the bench to help her up.

"He's ready for you now."

Hana walked in slowly into the room filled with the sounds of heartbeat and machine hums. "Hey baby." She whispered out, reaching for Yoongi's translucent hand.

"He's slipping in and out of consciousness. If we're lucky, you might be able to speak to him for a while."

For a while before he leaves.

Hana knew. She had sensed it coming. Yoongi was extra clingy and repeatedly told their son Ha Neul to take care of the family and Gloss.

The doctor excused himself so Hana could have her moment with him.

The age spots on his hand formed a star and she traced it softly, as she would always do. "The kids are all outside. But I'm being selfish so I'm here alone."

His white hair was combed neatly, parted at the wrong side and she laughed a little before rummaging through her bag for a comb to redo his hair the way he liked it.

"You must be cursing in your sleep right now with this hair." She looked at him closely when she was done, caressing his sunken cheek gently.

"Jungkookie, Taehyungie, Jiminie and Namjoonie are all outside too. Hoseok is on his way here." She smiled. "I guess soon you'll be seeing Jin. He must be happy to have a friend there."

Hana frowned a little when she felt his hand moved.

"Baby?"

It moved again. She gasped in air, trying hard not to sob.

"Yoongi ah..."

He opened his eyes slowly and looked at her.

For a moment they simply stared at each other.

"Hi baby." He croaked out through the oxygen mask. He raised his IV tangled arm and waved it in front of his face.

Hana pulled the mask off and rested it under his chin. "What's wrong? Are you in pain?"

"No. I feel fine. Just fine." He looked at her, staring into her hazel eyes as he did the first time they met more than 50 years ago at the elevator.

With one arm supporting her weight on the bed, she leaned down to kiss him softly on his now thin lips. She remembered how they used to be full. But he looked good either way.

He smiled, and she smiled back. Throughout the years, the only thing that was still the same was his gummy smile.

"I love you Choi Hana." He whispered, seeming very tired now, as if he could fall asleep any moment.

"I love you too Min Yoongi."

He motioned for her to do what they would always do and she smiled.

Sitting on the bed slowly, she swung her legs up with all her might and carefully avoided the tangle of wires and IV tubes to rest her head on his arm.

She breathed in his scent as he did hers. She suddenly felt tired too. Yoongi being in the hospital for several months now took a toll on her fragile being. Right now her body felt like it was giving up.

And she didn't mind it if it did.

"Babe." He called her and she tilted her chin up to look at him.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing." He smiled at his wife, his life, and his first and only love.

"What are you doing?"

"Staring at you."

"Why?"

"If I die now, you'd be the last thing I see."

——————

A/N

Thank you so so so much for staying with Fixity until the end.

It was my first attempt at a full on love story. I hope in some small way, it touched your heart and life.

Originally, Yoongi and Hana weren't supposed to end up together in the end.

They would fall in love but they were worlds apart. He would grow old with Ye Jin but before he died, he'd have one last thought of her.

Hana would stay single and take care of her daughter alone.

Yet somehow throughout the story, it unfolds itself, as there were always ways for them to come back to each other.

I hold this story close to my heart for personal reasons and I thank each and every one of you for reading, commenting and voting on it.

It means the world to me.

Fixity means something that will never change — which is essentially, LOVE.

Whether it is the love for your boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, parents, sons, daughters and friends.

In the end, it all goes down to this:

Unnie loves you no matter who or what you are.

Live life to the fullest, love to the fullest.

사랑합니다, 고맙습니다 ♥♥♥