18 - Coma

Ash POV

I stared at the window, watching the raindrops fell one by one to the ground. My cheeks were drenched with tears and my heart felt like it has just shattered into a million pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few hours of waiting, the doctor finally came outside of the room. One look at him, and I know that something bad happened to Serena. He was wearing a frown and his expression looked tired and sad. I felt my heart jolt and I stood uo from the chair I was sitting in, my eyes filled with worry.

"Is she ok?" I asked quietly.

As he spoke, I felt like my world has just shattered and I felt my tears fell down silently.

"She's fine but she's comatose at the moment. We don't know when she'll be waking up,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every once in a while, I'd feel hope searing in me, like I know she'll wake up today or tomorrow or now. That would usually make my feel a bit happy, but when I lopk at her, suddenly, all of that hope will completely be changed into sadness as a part of me keeps on telling me she'll never wake up.

I don't want to give up, but I want to. I want to fight and be strong for her, but every single time I remember what happened to her, I'm slolwy getting consumed by sadness again. There would be this time every day where a horrible thought will hit me - that she'll never get better and she'll never wake up.

Before, I'd try to fight it and say that she'll be fine, but now, no matter what I do, nothing ever works anymorwe..

Why does this have to happen to her?

Why, of all people, does it have to be Serena?

I should've been by her side.. I should've been faster at saving her..

Serena... please... please wake up..

●●●

I'm sorry it's super short >~<
I'm gonna try to make the next chapter longer though!! :)