Twenty Seven: The Prodigal Son Returns

(One week later....Christmas Eve)

(7:00 P.M. at Jason's house............)

(Jason) A week has went by since I found out about Tyler's brother Tarren. I must admit it took me by surprise, but after he explained his reasons for not telling me sooner, I kinda understood why he didn't. For one, he always felt that Tarren was the favorite and secondly, he didn't want to rehash the details about Tarren's little ordeal with that girl Chloe. I'm just glad that none of it was true. But in reality if Tarren hadn't went through any of that they wouldn't have moved to Westpoint so in a way I'm kinda glad he did.

Earlier today my grandma Belinda called me and asked me to help her at her cafe. I haven't seen her since her little confession at Thanksgiving dinner. I can't believe Russell did that to her. Whoever put him in the grave did him and the family a favor. I didn't even know him, but from what I'm being told he was a grade A asshole.

When I got there, she came over and hugged me and three me an apron. She asked me if I would help her serve the homeless today and I said of course. My grandma Gloria would be furious if i decline to help the less unfortunate. Belinda told me every year she opens her cafe up to the homeless or less unfortunate and she gives them free meals. I think that is one of the sweetest acts ever.

Around 6:00 she decided to close the cafe so she could go home and get ready for Christmas Day. She asked me was I coming over to her home tomorrow since that's where the whole family is having dinner and I told her of course I wouldn't miss it for the world (Lisa and Jeff had told me about this two weeks in advance).

When I got back home, Grams and Josh were sitting on the living room couch wrapping presents. I went out and did my shopping last week. I only bought myself a few items. I mostly spent money on Grams, Josh, Lisa, Jeff, Lindsey, Chase, Parker, and Tyler (if you're wondering where the money came from, my parents left me and Josh buck loads of money). I hope they like what I've bought them.

"Hey baby, how was hour day?", Grams said as I took a seat on the other couch

" I had a good day Grams. Belinda asked me to come help her in her cafe today."

"What all did yall do?", Josh asked me

" Well every year she opens her cafe up to the homeless and less fortunate and she gives the a free meal. I think that is one of the most selfless acts. She is a beautiful person, inside and out ."

"Why didn't you call me and inform me? I would have come over and helped.", said Grams

"Grams you were busy today with Christmas shopping and visiting the hospital. I didn't want to interrupt your grind."

"Baby I love to help others. That's my thing. I'm glad I taught you something. Its always a good thing to give back to others. The universe will bless you in so many ways."

When Grams said that a light hearted feeling came over me. I did feel good about my good duty for today.

"Grams are you and Josh still going to go with me to Belinda's tomorrow for Christmas dinner?"

"Yes we are. I know we haven't really discussed what went on on Thanksgiving but I want you to know that they're still your family. As messed up as their situation is, I can tell they have a deep abiding love for one another. Yes Russell raped Belinda and she got pregnant with Tracy. Yes Russell and Jeff got into a huge blowout. Yes Russell had Jeff kidnapped and made him suffer, but those were his dealings. Everyone suffered at his hands. I knew of him back in the day. That man just reeked of hatefulness."

"I felt bad for Tracy. She seems like a nice person. I hate that it came out the way it did.", Josh said

" Don't tell me you have the hots for my aunt dude?"