Chapter 3

Kendall and Christina both walked into the restaurant just a few minutes away from Kendall's house. The host greeted them as he reached for the menus.

Kendall shook his head, "We already have someone waiting for us." He spoke. The waiter returned the menus and extended his arm out signaling Kendall and Christina. They walked past him walking to the corner of the room where Kendall's guest awaited.

"You wanted me to meet Dustin?" Christina giggled as Dustin stood up from his chair and gave her a hug.

"Aw don't pretend you weren't excited to see me. It about freaking time you came back." He pulled her into a hug, then muttered, "Someone's been missing you."

Christina's breath stopped. Still holding Dustin, she looked over his shoulder and saw Kendall. He looked around the room as if he was looking for someone just before he took off.

Christina pulled away from the hug just as Dustin saw Kendall walk away. Dustin muttered a swear, Christina pretended not to notice. "I doubt someone missed me."

"I did." They both took their seats as they waited for Kendall to return. "Figured out what you're going to order?" Dustin looked up from his menu as he noticed Christina wasn't paying attention to him. "Chris?"

She turned, "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you say something?"

"You're looking for Kendall." Dustin guessed. Christina sighed and leaned back. "Something's wrong."

"You've guessed correctly." She tapped foot against the floor as she tried to find the right words to say. "Kendall has... I don't want to think this.. But.."

Dustin sighed as he placed his menu down on the table. "I think I know what you mean, I've been suspicious about it too."

Christina was confused, "Suspicious about what?"

"I don't know what is wrong with him. All the problems started with her. I keep telling him to stay away from her. He just won't listen."

"Her?" She muttered.

"He hasn't told you about her?" Dustin was surprised. Christina shook her head, her eyes filled with tears as her heart was shattered to pieces.

Just on cue Kendall appeared with a tall blonde. Christina hasn't noticed their presence until she heard an annoying giggle. Looking up, she saw Kendall nuzzle his face into the blonde's neck. She pulled the hem of his shirt, signaling him the spectators present.

"Babe, I want you to meet Christina." He turned to the broken hearted girl. His eyes glowed, his smile was as wide as it could be. He was happy. Happier than ever. "Chris, this is Heather, my girlfriend."

Christina swallowed hard as she faked a smile. "Nice to meet you." She extended a hand. Heather took hers and shook it.

"Nice to meet you too." She responded. Christina felt a sharp pang of jealousy. She was tall, pretty, she looked flawless.

"Heather is a new Victoria's Secret model.. Maybe you've seen her in the street up there in New York." Kendall proudly spoke as they took the two remaining seats. He pulled out her chair for her to sit in.

"Maybe.. If you're in an advertisement." Christina tried to keep up the conversation.

"I am, the one in times square." Heather smiled as Kendall reached for her hand and held it.

"So freaking proud of you." He kissed her. Christina discreetly looked away as Dustin did.

The waiter returned and took the order and left. Kendall and Heather seemed to be wrapped in their own little world as Dustin and Christina faked a conversation.

Dustin could see the hurt in her eyes as they spoke. He knew her real feelings towards his best friend and this situation was not helping her.

"I can't believe I finally have my two most important women in my life together with me." Kendall reached out to hold Christina's hand. All she could do was briefly smile and look down.

"Kendall, do you mind accompanying me to the bathroom." Dustin threw his napkin on the table as he stood up, glaring at his best friend.

"Need help wiping?" Kendall joked, Heather laughed. Christina did not find any humor in it.

"Bathroom. Now." Dustin glared. Kendall rolled his eyes as he stood up and followed him into the men's bathroom.

Both girls were left in silence, as they could not come up with reasons to start a conversation. Heather shifted in her seat as she glanced over to the bathroom doors occasionally.

"So, you're the famous Christina he's been talking about.." Heather crossed her legs and leaned over the table. "How long have you known Kendall?"

"About.. fifteen years? I think. Somewhere around that." Christina's eyes shifted from the table, to Heather, then back to the table. "How long have you known him?"

"Three months." Heather shrugged. "We began dating a few days after/"

Christina bit her tounge. She waited years for Kendall to feel the same way about her, and all Heather did was wait a few days after.

"That's nice." Christina reached to grab the glass of orange juice. She tried not to sound rude. But as soon as she said it, Heather's innocent little smile turned into a frown and her glare seemed to try and make a hole in Christina's head.

"Stay away from him." Heather growled.

"Excuse me?" She nearly choked on her drink as she took in the information.

"That's the reason why you're here from New York isn't it? You came here to steal him from me. We may be on-and-off but he is crazy for me." On and off? Christina thought.

"The only reason I am here is to see my best friends. I didn't come back for him. Yes he's really close to me, but we're like sibilings." Christina did not want to have problems with Kendall's girlfriend. Especially if she was only here for a week.

"Good." Heather leaned back on her chair, a smile forming her lips again. "Because, I look forward to spending the spring break with you two. We're all going to have fun." Heather grinned.