Part 6 The Verdict

It was a week later, the injured pup having healed up nicely. The plastic cone had been removed and he was bathed by Jacque, much to the amusement of the other residents. Jacque ended up dripping wet with a fluffy wet mass in his arms, thrashing and wiggling as the accented man yelled at him. (M/n) had issues walking and standing still, so he was put in a sling that was held by Slender, slowly walked across the hallway. His legs buckled and he collapsed, panting. Smile darted up and picked up the hurting wolf, carrying him back to his room. The taller Eldridge stared after the dog, cocking his head. Smile had become increasingly more protective over (m/n) and the addition of Jacque made the invited pup practically untouchable unless they wanted you to touch him.
Later that day, Slenderman cornered the grinning canine and stared him down until he reluctantly shifted, bones cracking uncomfortably as he moved into his bent half-human form.

"What has gotten into you, Smile? You and Jacque coddling (m/n) all the time makes it increasingly difficult to rehabilitate him. He needs help and he needs to move to get better. Tell me what's going on or back off."

Smile shrunk into himself as he was reprimanded. He knew that the others were just trying to help the other shifter. He rubbed his neck sheepishly, chewing on his lip.

"Fine.. I'll back off."

He didn't want Slender to know what the real reason was. He pushed past him, shifting mid jump and bounded out of the house, breathing in the damp morning air. He scratched himself before galloping off into the tree line, disappearing in to the foliage.

Jacque stayed with (m/n), curled up around him and licking the scruff of his weakened friend. (M/n) sat up, front legs braced against the bed. The shadows around hm began to pull up, blood dripping from his dry and cracked about as he strained himself.

"(M/n)! Stop that, you're gonn' to-"

The wolf promptly collapsed, panting weakly. The teeth of the minion that sunk into his leg had poisonous his blood stream and made in incredibly weak, as if someone had run over him with an eighteen wheeler. He groaned as the shadows dropped from around him, Jacque hugging and nuzzling his cheek, licking him affectionately.

"Oh mate... you ain't helpin' yerself any doin' this to yerself.."

(M/n) let out a soft whine, ears flicking as Slenderman came in, a venison steak cut up into small pieces. He set the metal dish in front of him, Jacque helping him up and letting (m/n) brace against his shoulder as he ate. He lapped up the meat and the water in a separate  dish, but that was all he could handle before his legs gave out, his haunches hitting the bed and his chin resting in the edge. He groaned softly, nuzzling the sheets and closing his eyes. His chest heaved as Jacque licked his shoulder until he fell asleep. Both men stared at the once powerful beast now rendered weak by the teeth of a rotting death demon. (M/n) was getting better, but it was a painfully slow process for himself and those around him. NightBlade never left his father's side unless to go to the bathroom or eat.

NightBlade walked in, eyebrows furrowing as he jumped up on the bed, burrowing himself into his father's belly fur, tucking himself as close as possible. (M/n's) unconscious body reacted to the small pup and curled protectively around him until only NightBlade's head stuck up out of his tail. They we're all worried about him.