Dare

Leopaws_YT: I dare Peridot to write down on some paper, "I hate Leopaws for making me do this. It was a dare, I'm sorry.", and fold it into a paper airplane. And then pretend to betray Steven until he's about to tell the crystal gems, then throw the paper plane at him.

Peridot: I don't know if I should do this. Steven will be so sad when he thinks I'm betraying him.

Lapis: I think it'd be cool. Just do it.

Peridot: Yes but.....

Lapis: Come on Peridot. What's the worst that can happen? It's just a little prank.

   Peridot thought of the consequences that could happen if she did the dare. Even if it was just pretend, Steven wouldn't know that. He'd think it's real and it would devastate him. What if it got him thinking that she could betray the gems and then he doesn't trust her anymore. She quickly shook her head of those thoughts. She was just overthinking things. Like Lapis said it was just a prank...

Peridot: Alright. I'll do it.

  Peridot took out a paper and wrote what she was supposed to onto the paper before folding it into an airplane. The airplane wasn't that great but it was good for now.

  After that, she went to go find Steven, who was sitting on the beach with his ukulele. Peridot took a deep breathe feeling kind of nervous but went on anyway. She stood beside him and Steven looked up at her with a smile. He was playing a sweet and calming tune on his ukulele.

Steven: Hey Peri. Wanna join me?

  Steven patted the spot in the sand next to him but she didn't sit down. Steven's smile slowly faded as he sensed something was wrong but he didn't know what.

Steven: Peri?

Peridot: I can't do this anymore Steven.

Steven: What?

  Peridot turned her head to Steven making sure to seem as serious as possible.

Peridot: I don't want to be here on earth anymore. I miss homeworld and my limb enhancers and my assignments. I miss everything. I'm going back.

   Steven gaped up at her the blood seeming to drain from his face. Steven stood up staring at her as if she was crazy.

Steven: C-Come on Peridot stop playing around. You can't be serious.

Peridot: I'm very serious Steven.

Steven: B-But...

  Steven was so confused. Just yesterday everything was fine. She was happy, they were happy. Why would she want to leave all of a sudden? It makes no sense. It has to be some kind of joke, just another prank, right?

Steven: I don't understand. I thought you were happy here with me. Why would you want to go back?

Peridot: It is nice on earth I'll admit. But being here with you and the crystal gems has warped my sense of reality. The way you think is flawed. I was made for a purpose and if I don't fulfill that purpose than I am useless. The crystal gems may be ok with being useless but I'm not.

   Steven dropped his ukulele on the ground staring at Peridot in bewilderment. This was all wrong. This wasn't the Peridot he knew.

Steven: What about me! Aren't you happy with me! Is your purpose more important than me?

Peridot: Yes it is. Your only getting in my way of seeing what's important.

  Steven looked down at the ground. His heart was beating widely in his chest. He still didn't believe it. He didn't want to believe it. This couldn't be happening right now.