Chapter 1: Truth or lies?

Hola little angels, thank you for all the comments and advices :) I have to say that I am not really happy with this chapter so tell me what you think? I'll try to improve it!

~YourGuardianAngel ♥

___________________________________________________________________________

Truth or lies?

"A half-truth is the most cowardly of lies.”

― Mark Twain

Even at this moment in time, I didn’t regret anything. I didn’t feel any guilt about any of my action. Actually, in some twisted and messed way, I felt proud of myself for standing up for what I believed in. Smiling at this thought, I stared at the guard and his dirty face that made him look like a caveman. He might have been in his mid-thirties but I knew for fact that he was new. Jeez, the man was trying so hard to look tough that it made me want to laugh right into his square shaped face.

“Quit trying so hard. It makes you look constipated," I said, “No - wait! Keep doing it, it’s quite entertaining." I ran my hand through my blond hair, looking at his frosty-looking blue eyes. I knew that it would get me into trouble but I couldn’t care less, to be frank. Distract him! The man—Ben according to his badge— turned around and walked out of the room without saying a single word. However, before I even had time to laugh at his pathetic attempt to intimidate me, he came back with a small, yet razor sharp knife.

“Let’s see if you’ll still talk as much when I’m done with you sunshine,” he growled. After not even a fraction of a second, he was beside me, his hand around my neck. Ben pushed me onto the dirty wall and started to press the knife onto my cheek. He moved it down my neck to my collarbone, cutting through my skin, making me feel the coldness of the metal blade. He kept going and was waiting for me to give in and beg him to stop; but I wasn’t going to let him have that feeling of satisfaction. All I did was look at his eyes and concentrate on my little brother’s rhythmic sobbing in the background. Distract him! The small voice in my head was right.

What I did next shocked him and Ollie. On the other hand, it didn’t surprise me at all, I knew what I was capable of. I placed my hand on his hand—without breaking the eye-contact—and pressed the cold silver blade into my own skin. I smirked as his eyes widened; if only he knew how pathetic he looked at that moment. Beads of sweat were rolling down his creased forehead, making it glisten and his hands were shaking as I kept apply pressure onto the knife.

I was about to begin something that would’ve been a lot of fun, when another man entered the room. He looked older and more serious than his colleague but his stoic expression changed when he saw me pinned against the wall with a knife placed on my ‘delicate’ neck.

“What is going on? I thought you were supposed to ask questions about what happened.” Frowning, he made his way to the middle of the square-shaped room and sat on one of the scratched leather chairs.

“He just attacked me because I said he trying too hard," I said, my voice sweet and yet my tone remained mocking. I pushed Ben back and took a seat next to my brother who looked worried. His big emerald eyes were ringed with purple and bored into my dark blue ones as though he was trying to warn me. Don’t say anything stupid, they said. However that’s exactly what I was planning to do. The older guy, who sat across the table, finally decided to speak up after what seemed to be hours.

“So my name is William Jones and I am going to ask you some questions as my imbecile of a colleague didn’t bother to," he then added something that made Ollie shiver, “we will have to inject some veritas tears in you just to make sure that you’re telling the truth.” Veritas tears. This, I knew, wasn’t a good sign but my expression didn’t change for the slightest. Instead I smirked and told them to bring it. William –or Sir Jones as they called him—nodded and left the room, leaving us alone with the ‘imbecile’.