Chapter 6: What was taken from us

I still need to edit this chapter... but anyways, thanks for reading! Already six chapters, can you believe it? I know I can't O.o Tell me if I need to change things :)

~YourGuardianAngel ♥

_____________________________________________________________

What was taken from us

"It's no crime to steal from a thief.”

― Lao Tzu

                “Well, you didn’t seem so sure when you asked her,” stated the red-haired boy. “I’m Seth Reynolds by the way, and this is my brother Tyler,” he said as he pointed at the white haired guy behind him. One could easily see that they were related; they both had the same creamy complexion, angular face and the same aqua blue eyes. However, something about Tyler seemed awfully strange. Though he was about my age, like the others in the room if we didn’t count Toby, his eyes looked like he had seen enough in his life, like they knew too much—a cold, calculating stare.

Seth grinned at the sight of Toby and joined him on the floor. Although he was about seven years older than the kid, Seth had this childish gleam in his eyes that made him look younger.

                “Hey, I’m Clara!” The brunette appeared to be really excited as she blurted out, as fast as she possibly could, “Oh my woaw, you look so pretty! I can’t believe that you’re finally here. It’s like a dream, now we can take back what those useless pigs took awa—”

                “Are you done?” asked Damian. He shot her an icy glare and introduced the boy with the amber eyes to me, “That’s Chris. He might act nice but inside, he’s a real devil trust me.” Chris nodded approvingly and smiled at me. I returned the gesture, trying my best to be polite and to ignore the sign on Damian’s forearm—a silent threat coming to life through curly black stokes that resembled Chinese ink. The mark looked like the eye of a falcon with curvy lines going across it; encircling the rest his forearms like roots. Damian’s lips curved into his trademark smirk and confirmed my thoughts, “Yeah, I have one too. And so does everyone present in this living room.”

My eyes widened in shock—hearing those words at loud made my heart flutter even if, inside, I knew it all along. “Don’t need to be a genius to realise that Einstein,” I said, trying to cover my emotions. “You still haven’t answered my question. Why am I here?” I crossed my arms and waited for one of them to spill the truth. I eyed Clara as she lowered her head guiltily. She’s so going to snap. “You know what? I’m out,” I said as I stood up. 3, 2, 1 and now.

                “Please Damian! She’s one of us,” she cried out. So easy. A manipulative smile crept on my face as I made my way towards the door, perfectly knowing that she’d tell me. “Please—Lily wait! You’re here because we need you,” she looked at Damian, her pleading eyes glistening with hope.

To my surprise, Tyler spoke for the first time. “Ugh, can’t you see that he’s just testing her? Seriously Clara, I wonder how someone so smart can be so dumb at the same time,” his cold gaze fell on me. “Well played Turner. You really are like your mum.”

                “Yeah, I heard that one before. You still haven’t answered,” I insisted. I raised my eyebrows and waited for him to carry on.

He frowned, probably not liking my stubbornness. I don’t blame him. I can be a real pain without even trying so imagine when I actually do try. “Like us, you’re a hybrid, member of one of the five Lord Houses. Since a long time ago, our families have reigned over this pathetic country. However, as you know, after the war the pure bloods took the power and slaughtered our kind for centuries.” He let out a long, shaky breath and carried on, “The council doesn’t have a clue about us being part of the Lord Houses and so, thinking that they killed all the members, they made the Pax Treaty.”