S I X

*Week of Kayla's birthday*

Ethan's P.O.V.

Kayla has been ignoring me lately and I honesstly don't know why. I mean I know that our little kiss threw her off. Shit, it threw me off too but that doesn't mean she has to ignore me. She kissed back! I wasn't pressuring her! I look at my calendar and notice that Kayla's birthday is on Thursday and thats when an idea popped into my head. Kayla likes Panic! At The Disco so why not get her some tickets????

I was headed out of the door when my phone rang. There was no caller ID just a number.

"Umm, hello?" I say hoping its not who I think it is.

"Hey, Ethey! Its me! Kim!" The high pitched voice says from the other side of the line.

"K-kim?" I say shooketh to the core.

"Yeah. Remember...that night at Kyle's house down in Virginia...we kind of...hit it off if you know what I mean..." Kim says.

"U-Umm, sorry I'm not Ethan. You've got the wrong number."

"Not I don't sill-" I hung up before Kim could even finishe her sentence.

How did she get my number? What does she want?

---------------skip to Thursday--------------
Kayla's P.O.V
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*

I woke up to my annoying ass alarm clock for the 4th time this week. I checked my phone and realized that today is my birthday. January 8, 1999 at 3:48 a.m. I was born. Yay.

I still blame my parents for bringing me into this shitty world. It's not like I'm going to kill myself or anything, but shit gets crazy sometimes...

I got in the shower and started to think about why I never celebrate my birthday. I guess after all of these years I kind of forgot.

*flashback*

I was listening to my favorite Avril Levine album when my mom came in my room in tears.

"Mom, what's wrong? It's my birthday you can't cry!" I say giving my mom a hug.

"Honey. I-I have something to t-tell you."

"What is it mom? What's wrong?" I ask knowing that what she is going to tell isn't going to be good.

"Baby...g-grandma d-died this morning." My mom says bawling her eyes out.

"When?" I ask, my eyes filling with tears

"3:48 a-a.m."

"N-no this isn't true. You're joking with me. She can't die. Not today!" I say sitting on my tear stained floor.

"I'm sorry baby." My mom says sitting on the floor with me.

"No. No. No. No No..." Was all that could come out of my mouth at that point.

*flashback over*

Before I knew it I was crying. I didn't even care. I just needed to say goodbye to her.

Shawn's P.O.V.

I went to give Kayla her birthday present early when I hear crying from the bathroom.

Why is she crying?

I stand outside of the bathroom door and I hear muffled words. It sounds like it's saying 'She's not gone. She can't be. Not on my birthday.' Then it hit me, it's been exactly 5 years today since Grandma Rose died. The thought of it almost brings me to tears.

I hope Kayla's okay for the party...but then again she never was before.....