Chapter 6: I'll always love you

Ritsu POV

Walking through the city as I happily stare at the engagement ring. The emerald outshines all the diamond rings I witnesses. This ring is better than any other rings since this came from Takafumi. I don't know how I deserve Takafumi in the first place but that doesn't matter. All that matters now is that I'm marrying the man of my life. So many things have changed over the past year when I left the Emerald Department and my parent's life forever.

My parents didn't approve of my relationship since they're very conservative but I could less. They never really care about me in the first place. They only care about the family company,

basically only a legacy they want to leave behind before they died. I wasn't the one who was bound to give it to them only. Yokozawa stays by my side through all the bumps and bruises between my parents and me. I wasn't sure how I deserve him in the first place.

After thinking all the drama that happens through the year between Masamune and me, the bond between me and Yokozawa, and now I'm marrying the man of my dreams. All my thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I accidentally bumped into someone without evening noticing. I almost have fallen down to the hard concrete but someone caught my arm.

I looked back up to see who the stranger was, my emerald green eyes widen in shock, Takano Masamune. My former neighbor, my former boss, and my former love gently pulled me up into his arms. I was in too much of a shock before realizing that Takano-san was holding me in his warms, soft, and muscular arms.

NO!! NO!! Ritsu snaps out of it, you're engaged with Takafumi. I was about to pull myself away but Takano-san pulls away instead. I gaze at him noticing his black raven hair has suddenly gotten longer right to where his shoulders were at. His caramel amber eyes were still pure and loving just as I remember them. The intention in the air seems to be awkward at first but then out of the blue Masamune suddenly kiss the back of my hand like a princess. I swore that the heat and the red flash all over my body.

"Ritsu, I wanted to congratulate you and Takafumi engagement," he said

"Why, thank you Masamune. I appreciated it very much" I replied with happiness but also in disappointment. I wasn't sure why I was disappointed. Did I expected Takano-san to be jealous instead of congratulating me on my engagement with Takafumi,? No, that couldn't be the reason. Is it?

I haven't spoken or seen Masamune in over year after....the incident. I felt the pang of regret but also being heartbroken because of it. I know Takano-san didn't mean to say the things he said but yet it still hurts just hearing from him.

Not knowing what happened next was that I barely notice that I'm walking along with Masamune into a nearby park. We standing by each other, side by side instead feeling Masamune hand interacting with me. It actually felt pretty empty not having his hand holding with my own. We stopped at the pond seeing the reflection of the sun slowly setting down for the moon to raises.

"Ritsu, are you happy with Yokozawa," Masamune asks

"Yes, very happy since I couldn't imagine a life without him" I replied with honesty

"Well, I hope you live a wonderful life with Yokozawa. But remember one thing Ritsu"

Before I could even answer Masamune held me in his arms once more as place his lips on mine. With just his lips pressing against my own all the memories of us in high school, the moment in the Emerald Department, all of it every good and bad moment of our lives. Tears began pouring down my face as our lips were broken apart from each other.

"I always love my beloved Ritsu. As much I want to fight back from you but I know deep in my heart and soul. I want you to live a happy life with Yokozawa then me, But'll never stop loving you" he said

I wanted to slap him...I wanted to yell for everything of the pain he causes for me. The pain he causes me after the incident. He never bothers showing his face in front of me, or bother to have the courage. But he has the nerve just to kiss me once more before letting me go...just when I'm engaged to my beloved Takafumi.

Despite the fact that I loved my dearest Yokozawa Takafumi, deeply of what my hearts were telling in at this moment. I still love Takano Masamune but it's time to move on. It's time to move on with our lives with different people despite the heartache of loving of our former lovers.

TBC