06

"Ne~ Captain Saito~ What'cha writing about?" 

I wasn't sure if the document was classified, but he quickly slammed the book shut and pointed outside.

Did he want me to leave? I couldn't just do that, could I?

"Is there something you need?"

He nodded.

"Do you want me to get you some tea?"

He nodded eagerly. 

O-kay. Was he that thirsty?

I headed to the kitchen and ran into Hijikata-san. He seemed to be hiding something behind his back. 

"Are you hiding your precious mayo?"

"It's the last one. I don't want someone else to take it."

I patted his shoulder. 

"It'll be fine. No one else wants to eat that slop anyway. Now, let's talk about a more important issue. Where's your ground tea and tea set?"

Hijikata-san pointed to a cupboard near the fridge and continued to suck on his mayo as if it was the only thing keeping him alive.

"Slow down will you? If you end up choking, I refuse to spare any effort to save you."

While I boiled the water for the tea, I noticed that Hijikata-san returned to his normal self.

"Hijikata-san, have you ever heard Captain Saito speak?"

"I've known him for over ten years, but I've never heard his voice." He admitted. "We always took him for the calm silent type. But then again, there was that one incident..."

Ooh. This sounded juicy.

"What incident?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, oujo-san. I still have other things to take care of. Have a good night."

"Wha-look at this punk leaving me hanging. Unbelievable."

Just then, I spotted Yamazaki-san passing through the corridor. Perfect timing. I eyed him like he was my prey and pounced, bringing him under my arm.

"Yamazaki-san~" I tried calling his name in a cute voice. "Zaki~"

I could feel him cringe under my arm. 

"Could you stop calling my name in that disgusting tone, oujo-san? It doesn't suit you at all. What do you want anyway?"

"Fine. Hijikata-san just mentioned an incident where Captain Saito wasn't so calm and silent. Then, he left. What incident is he talking about?"

"If Hijikata-san won't tell you. Why should I?"

"Cause I can get you arrested for sexual harassment. Now talk."

"But I didn't-"

I tightened my hold around his head, forcing the blood to rush to his head.

"Alright. Alright. I'll talk." I loosened my grip around his head to let him speak properly, but I refused to let him go.

"There was one incident where the Joui leader, Katsura Kotarou, infiltrated our ranks by disguising himself with an afro and joining Squad Three. He incriminated Saito-san as a traitor and while in the middle of his trial, everyone could tell he was nervous and felt pressured to speak out and deny Katsura's claim. But right before he did speak, Katsura-san accidentally pulled out his afro wig and the trial ended with us chasing Katsura-san like usual."