𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢 // 𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚

This is an assignment I wrote for class under "Make your own myth explaining a natural phenomena."

My myth was miscarriage (TW here)

Word count: 1,070
Grade: A (100%)

"Why did she leave?" Candice asked, looking at her father, tears streaming down her face. "And why won't Mommy wake up?

"I guess it was time," the girl's father, Casey, answered. He looked down at his daughter with sad blue-gray eyes and kissed her forehead. The little girl resembled her mother, with her once bright and shining eyes. She also had her mother's naturally brown hair.

"No, it wasn't!" little Candice objected, folding her little arms. "My sibling is dead!"

Casey sighed softly, ruffling his blonde hair. Candice couldn't know the real story, not until she was older. Alana's genetics were not kind to baby-birthing, and neither was his. He decided to tell her a story. "Listen to me, Candy Cane... Some people get cursed. You see, they are returning home."

"Home?" Candice asked.

"Home," Casey nodded. "Not all do, but some do. Your mommy is strong, and I know she will come back. Would you like to hear a story?"

"Yes," the little girl replied with a nod of her head. "It can be my bedtime story." She was in her pajamas already, and she was ready for bed.

The man flashed her a sad smile and picked up a book that was in his wife's handwriting. It was sad for him to think that she made this, years ago, should she die or be unable to provide an explanation. "This is the story of Life and Death."

"Once, very long ago, the universe was nothing. There were no stars or planets or horses like your mother loved so much. There were only a group of people who were immortal, called the Entities. The main four were called Existence, Cosmos, Creation, and Universe. One day, Universe and Existence decided to have a child, who was also immortal. They had a little girl called Life. Creation and Cosmos also had a kid around the same time, and they named him Death.:

Casey turned the page, continuing to read aloud. "Life and Death grew up and got married. The main four had retired and passed the ruling rights onto Life and Death, who now ruled over the other Entities as the King and Queen. By now they had gotten bored: nothing to do, right? So Life decided to create a world. With that, she gave birth to her and Death's first son, named Time. The Christians call these people God, Jesus and the devil, but in reality, they are three immortal beings who rule our world."

"As Time grew up, we evolved into the people we are today. Many more Entities had been born and were aging, such as Love, Kindness and Joy were the three children of Emotion and Infinity. The Entities still rule us today."

"So why are the mean ones going after Mommy?" Candice asked, her eyes looking at the picture, which illustrated two people with a child.

"I'm not done. Chapter seven." Casey turned to the pages to the chapter, and read. "The story of Motherhood."

Candice looked at the page. On it, there was a gorgeous dirty blonde woman that kind of resembled her mother. The woman was obviously pregnant, a hand on her swollen stomach. "Cool."

The man's baritone voice started to read to his little girl again. "Motherhood is the daughter of Torture and Depression. She is responsible for watching over all the pregnant ladies when their babies are still in their tummies. She wants nothing more but for them to be happy and have healthy babies, but she is the sister of Pain. Pain is the reason that some babies die in the mama's tummy or are born with defects. She is also Death's cousin."

Candice nodded her head, before brushing back some of her hair. "Like me and my anxiety?"

The blonde man nodded, "Yes, but yours is treatable. That's why you talk to Miss Elmira sometimes. May I continue?"

"Yes, daddy."

"Anyways, that's what happened to your mama. Motherhood was next to your mama when she was having her baby, but Pain snuck up on her. You can't see them, but you just know they are there." Casey let out a small sigh, looking at the picture of his pregnant wife in a hospital gown with two female figures next to her. "Pain doesn't like your mama's family. She is the one who gave you anxiety, and your mama that and depression."

"What did we do to her?!" Candice glared at the picture, folding her little arms. "Nothing!"

"Ah, ah. That attitude may be a reason why. Anyways, Life did not like seeing her children die. We are all sons and daughters of Life since we are descendants of the first humans she ever created." Casey flipped the page on the small book. This time, Life's figure was standing between Pain and the woman giving birth. "Life and Pain do not like each other since Life wants to see her people be happy, and Pain and her brother, Depression, want to make them suffer. They are both Death's cousins like I told you, and so that's why they are darker."

"They seem mean," Candice muttered.

"Believe me, Candy Cane. They can be. Life tries to defend as many mothers as she can, and most of the time they live. However, she grows weary and sometimes cannot fight as well as she needs to. That was what happened to your mama. Life has saved so many lives this week, and she was so tired she could not save the baby, and Pain managed to overpower her and put your mother in her sleep. However, Life and her friends Joy and Love are fighting. Pain is trying to get your mama to return home, but Life knows it is not her time and wants her to wake from her sleep."

"It's called a coma, right?" the little girl asked, looking up at her father. The two had spent the day in the hospital and were now in a nearby hotel.

"Yes." Casey sighed softly. "Now Candice, you should go to bed, okay?"

"Okay, daddy."

The next morning, Casey awoke to the smell of pancakes. Confused, he got up and went out to the kitchen.

Standing there, in all her glory and splendor was a beautiful blonde woman flipping pancakes. She chuckled softly as the little girl wouldn't let go of her leg, and that was when she turned around.

"Casey?"

"Alana?"

Alana had returned home.

Life, Death and the concept of the Entities belong to moi and LogicalTrekkiness
Casey also belongs to her.

Candice is a joint created character between me and my friend Renae, and she was originally the daughter of Renae's character Kane and my Alana.
Alana is my character.