Perfect Love? Chapter 17

Teagans POV (five years later): 

I looked at the man on one knee in front of me. "Teagan will you marry me?" he asked.

"Can I have a few days to think about it?" I asked him.

"Of course, take all the time you need," he said standing up and pecking me on the cheek.

I was glad he decided to ask me in my living room and not in some public place. Robert and I had been together for two years. I had graduated from college at last year. I got a job at the elementary school near my apartment as a social worker. I hadn't seen Harry since the thanksgiving that we broke up on. He had tried calling me so many times. I never picked up. I had never stopped thinking about him. I knew I loved him. But then I loved Robert too, didn't I? He was the first guy who could make me feel even remotely like Harry had.

Just then the phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hi Teagan." it was Clara.

"Thank god you called me. We need to talk."

"Robert proposed."

"How did you know?"

"He told me."

"What should I do?"

"Well if you have to ask me then maybe you shouldn't do it."

"But I love him."

"I know you do, but."

"But what?"

She sighed, "But I know that you never got over Harry."

"That's what I'm worried about. What if I'm not supposed to be with Robert?"

"Well that's what I want to talk to go about. The boys have a concert this weekend near my house, and I was wondering if you needed to talk to Harry, or at least see him."

"Could I? Although I don't think that he'll want to talk to me."

"Well it can't hurt to try."

"I guess you're right. When's the show?"

"Tomorrow night."

"Ok. I'll take off work tomorrow and come early."

"Sounds good, I'll be home all day anyway."

"Thank you, bye."

"Bye, love you."

"Love you, too. See you tomorrow." then I hung up.

I didn't sleep much. What if I was making a huge mistake? Maybe I should just say yes to Robert. No. Not until I talked to Harry. I finally fell asleep around 2:30. The next morning I drove to Clara's house. She was still dating Mark so I wasn't surprised to see an extra car in front. I assumed that he stayed the night. I knocked on the door and Eleanor answered. She greeted me with a hug.

"Teagan! How are you? I haven't seen you in forever! Clara told me that you were going to be coming."

"I'm fine. It's too to see you too. The boys aren't here are they?"

"No."

"Ok." She looked sad, but that was quickly replaced with a smile. "Come on," she said grabbing my hand and dragging me into Clara's kitchen. "I have something to tell you and Clara."

"Teagan!" Clara squealed when we got into the room. I gave my old room mate a hug. "You ok?"

"I'm fine. El what did you want to tell us?" She pulled a long , thin silver chain out of her shirt. On the end was a rather large diamond ring.

"LOUIS PROPOSED!"

"OH MY GOD!" Clara and I screamed. "When?"

"About a week ago."

Clara hit her. "And you didn't tell me?!"

"I was waiting until the right time!" It was great to be back with my friends.

Eleanor left around five to meet the boys. While Clara and I were getting ready I started to second guess myself. I had told Eleanor what I was planning, and she agreed that it was the best way to know what to do. Now I wasn't so sure.

"Maybe I should just go home," I said.

"No. You're going to this concert."

"But I don't think that any things gonna come from it. Stuff like that only happens in the movies."

"If you are 100% positive that you want to marry Robert then go ahead and go home." I didn't say anything, I just kept getting ready. At the show we found Paul. He gave us each a hug.

"Paul?"

"Teagan?"

"I.... Well.... Umm.... I need to see Harry."

"What for?"

"I need to talk to him, please it's really important."

"Alright. Follow me."

Clara squeezed my arm "I'm going to wait out here."

"Ok."

I followed Paul backstage. "His dressing room is the last door on the left."

"Thank you," I said hugging him again. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" a familiar voice called from inside. I pushed open the door. Harry was facing away from me.

"Harry?" He spun around and looked at me. Then he turned away again. He leaned on the table, not looking at me. "Look, I know that you probably don't want to talk to me, but I have to say this. I'm sorry. I truly am. I just couldn't take the hate. I. I didn't want to break up with you," he flinched, "I loved you. I still think I love you. My... My boyfriend proposed," he flinched again. "I just wanted to see if there was anything left here before I gave him an answer." He hadn't said anything the whole time I was there. I could feel myself choking up. "Well I guess this is goodbye for good then." I stepped back out into the hallway. Then I ran.