Prologue

Alexis's POV

I exhaled for the sixty forth time as my senses took in the exotic state of the flower beds I partially was sitting on.

The roses where on every space I looked over and their colours brought a smile to my face. The red where contrasted by the white and the white complimented by the purple. I was saddened to see the rare five black ones. My mother loved to pluck and nurture them as she cherished their rarity. Seeing them I saw her smile...

This was my mother's favourite place in all the estate. She called it 'the grace garden'  and the title has the left it since. Yes I said was,my mother passed away on the eve of my twelfth birthday almost six years  party and somehow the pilot lost control and we crashed into some island I never got the name of. My mom and the jet crew lost their lives on impact while I was out for an hour,I knew that because my wrist watch had an hour difference to when we had crashed.

I was stranded for another two hours before the military reached me. No doubt my mom must have had put a tracking device in the watch since she had instructed me to never take it off from the day I was able to make sense of life and since then it only gets resized while I wear a bracelet and comes back the next day for me to wear again. I hate jewelry so I always preferred the watch to the bracelet.

I don't know why my mom had easy access to military assistance but that day I couldn't be more happy she did. But I was also sad,I'd lost more than a mother that day I lost my best friend, my anchor, and also my confidant who happened to be my dad as he has never been the same as well.

He no longer smiles or laughs,his speech is a rarity for me. I barely see him these days except on my every birthdate  but never on my birthday. Which means I only see him eleven times a year and on Christmas he only sends gifts along with a video of himself wishing me Merry Christmas.

I stood up and began making my fifteen minute walk back to mansion, but not before locking the gates of garden. No one was allowed in the gardens except for me and old man Sam our gardener, the keys only stayed with me in my room and only Stella,Sam's wife and the housekeeper and my mother figure could get in there and take the keys or clean my room if I haven't done so.

My father had remarried three years after the tragic loss and no doubt it was just for show. The woman Sandra Daniels had brought along her two cousins under her custody to live with us. We never got along and I prefer it so,the trio are nothing but golddigging bastards if I must.

Janice and Denise always knew to stay clear of me and have never once spoke to me in these almost three years we've been living in the same house. Sandra on the other hand has always tried to tick me off,no doubt she feels intimidated by the pull I hold over my father.

Over the years she tried to hold parties and galas here but due to my intervention she never succeeded. She always ended up having to hold it in another place other than the estate.

This was my mother's favourite mansion among the four we have all over the world not counting the penthouses and apartments and other normal houses,so I wasn't about to allow my father's skank to turn it into a club with her type of gatherings and friends.

My father named me sole heir of his and my mother's whole empire,he even made the whole thing irreversible unless in the event I were to die before I could claim it. After marrying the skank he had stayed with us for three months before leaving a week before my birthday and starting with his ways again.

My birthdate was fast approaching in two weeks time so my father was coming back soon and I couldn't be more happy. I was born on the sixth of February and I was turning eighteen this year.

I'm doing my senior and have already taken care of all application to do with my future. Although the year had been peaceful I couldn't help but get the feeling that the new guy in class was a bit strange.

I've been home schooled all my life and this is my first year in an actual school with teenagers so I might be reading too much into it. I don't know much about teenage behavior except for what I've read in books and stuff I've watched in movies etc. I still don't trust the guy,my training just doesn't want me to until I at least know something crucial about him and where he's a transfer from.

My mom always taught me to follow my instincts and guts,they both tell me to stay neutral to him but keep my guard up at all times....

I sighed as I reached the doors of the mansion quietly ripping them open and getting inside.

"Where have you been!!"I winced at the loud screech of Sandra behind me.

I inwardly sighed as I walked over to the stairs her hot on my tail. This is why I spent most of my time in the gardens, she's the reason I went there in the first place. I turned around to face her hot and bothered face.

Her fake blond hair pinned to side in a French braid,her slight tanned skin contrasted by the bright pink mini dress she wore. Skank....