Chapter six

School continues on and pretty soon I find myself in the girls locker room changing into my swimming costume.

After going through my locker I finally find the abomination of clothing before I put it on,draping a matching towel along my waist.

____________________

🔝Alexis's swimming costume.

_____________________

I put my hair in a French braid before opening leaving the room and the two other girls there. I make the two minute walk to the swimming pool room in sixty three seconds.

I push open the door and my eyes fall on the modern sized pool with two students already swimming in. I walk over to the instructor to get my instructions since I wasn't here for brief. I clear my throat to get his attention and immediately his eyes snap up from his clip board roaming my waist before quickly landing on my face.

His throat bobs,yet so slightly that I would not have noticed had it not been for my training. He clears his throat, a strange emotion in his eyes before it clears away and I fail to recognise it.

"Miss Grace,your match is waiting for you..",he looks down at the board before meeting my eyes."Mr Carson,you are to compete with Jason Carson by doing eight laps with three in back strokes, timed.",he gives me a once over as he finishes.

I nod at him as my eyes sweep over the natatorium's populace, avoiding the strange emotion portrayed by his eyes. I spot Carson's bare back no more than a few feet from me and immediately I start walking towards him.

Reaching him i tap him once and I struggle to conceal my gasp as hot electrifying shocks run through my body from my hand. I immediately snatch it back and in seconds I've managed to conceal my abnormal reaction.

I look up to find Jason's eyes roaming all over body, his pupils darkening and I shuffle back awkwardly,what is wrong with me?

"Hey... Mr Jones said that you're my match_" ,he immediately cuts me off.

"Yeah I've been waiting for you, I see that you're...up for the challenge.",he mumbles as he visibly gulps.

"And so are you",I murmur.

We both move towards the pool and when it is our turn I remove my towel that I had wrapped again and place it gently on the chair. We each stand at our assignment course and I succeed in drowning out the cat calls from the guys.

I forgot to put on my swimming cap so when I win at sixteen laps in four minutes to ten laps, my hair is pretty much drenched. I grab my towel and try to remove as much water from my hair as possible.

Before the bell rings we are out of the natatorium and this time I make it to the girl's locker room in forty nine seconds having made sure to wrap myself in my towel, which manages to just cover my whole butt when used as a blanket.

Reaching my locker I note a strange sound coming from it as I put in my combination,one of Janice's cronies coming up behind me with the ghost of a smile. It is just in time that I move out of the way and it bursts open, pink goo spitting out of it and landing straight on Monica.

It covers all of her face and hair totally pink. It isn't long before she starts shrieking for help and Ms Luke,a tenth grade history teacher comes in. She grabs a hold of one of Monica's arms,well wherever there isn't any goo and she leads her out.

Perla's accusing glare has me arching my eyebrows in question because frankly, that prank was aimed for me but most importantly it was orchestrated by them. If the camera in her hands doesn't prove that...

I step in front of my locker to access the damage. My locker is absolutely fine except for the small bucket with a spring system inside. I reach inside for my bag,purposely avoiding touching the bucket as I retrieve my clothes.

Just as I'm done dressing up the speakers in the room speak up.

"Alexis Grace please report to the principal's office immediately, I repeat, Alexis Grace please report to the principal's office immediately "

Well,time to put on my snobby face. In quick strides I make my way to the principal's office, chin up and chest out with my stomach also having the look of nonchalance ...definitely poised.

I knock thrice in one second at equal intervals before I'm granted entrance from inside and I glide in with grace taking a sit only when asked, like the true lady I am. And that seems to be Mr Williams, the principal's exact thoughts.

"A pleasant day Miss Grace, Miss Brooks over here tells us that you are responsible for her present predicament",Mr Williams says.

"It is a pleasant day indeed Mr Williams,I have to accept the allegations-"I look beside me at Monica's smirking face"-young Monica has put forth against me"

Giving her a brief view of my devilish grin, she frowns in confusion and I turn back to the principal.

"Although I have to mention the that I am not the one who played such an awful prank that too in such a prestigious institution therefore I am suddenly reminded that there are CCTV cameras installed in my locker working twenty four hours a day, perhaps we should have a look"

Mr Williams gives me a look of understanding as I already have pulled out my phone and after accessing the app, I have the video footage of the hour between before and after I used my locker for gym class.

Monica's face pales and Mr Williams'eyes shoot daggers at her as he continues to watch the video.Monica and Perla infiltrated my locker and set up that prank for just to please Janice.