Chapter one

Alexis's POV

"I said where have you been?!"Sandra asks

"If you must know I was thinking of how to make you dress decently for once"I reply smirking as she flushes with annoyance.

"Listen little girl I suggests you learn to hold your tongue when you're speaking to me!"she exclaims furiously.

"No you listen here you tramp,my father may have given you his last name but that doesn't give you right to my respect you are nothing but an easy lay he wanted to keep for himself and if you think you can boss me around well think again because though my mother lays in her tomb my father's love for her is still as fresh as the mountain lily that grows by the riverbed every spring... If I were you I'd treat me right considering I'm the only precious thing my father has of my mother and he won't hesitate to throw you out if you happen to put me to stress"I all but stated calmly.

I was furious with the bimbo,I ran upstairs to my room and slammed the door shut. Its funny that she thinks she rules this mansion, truth is all this belongs to me and is under my name and trust fund,so she can flaunt all she wants but once I'm of age and settled she is OUT!

Knock knock knock...a knock at my door startles me and I'm taken out of my reverie. I stop my pacing and sit comfortable on the bed as I take my mother's pendant that's on my neck in hand.

"Who is it?!"I shout out in question.

"Its me Stella,Alex dear Mrs Amber is here" my governess?

"Okay,I'll be down in a minute" I replied already off the bed.

Why was my governess here?I hadn't seen since I started attending real school and when I'd asked father he'd said she had family issues. I walk into my violet themed bathroom and strip off my turquoise vest and my worn out blue jeans throwing it all the the laundry basket. I then showered myself.

After my shower I walked back into my room all clad in a towel and entered my walk in closet or should I say mini mall,Stella's words. It is half the size of my room which is the size of a five room apartment, so half of that.

I took dark blue skinny jeans from my jean wear section and opted for a black sweat shirt from my gym wear. I walked out of my room hair still wet and clinging to my skin. Reaching the base living room I saw Stella sitting on one of the smallest of the white sofas chatting with a raven black haired lady who had her back to me.....Amber.

"Mrs Amber!"I squealed running over to her and tackled her to a hug.

"Its Amber to you sweety"she said pinching my cheeks.

"Ouch! women"I knew not to call her mrs Amber because she loved me like a daughter and always preferred I be less formal with her.

Amber knew my mother and occurring her death she became my governess and along with Stella have both been mother figures to me. She was the wife of the pilot who had been piloting the jet that killed my mom,we both lost loved ones that day. She's the one that walked out of the military rescue helicopter and hugged me for dear life as she helped escort a shocked out of it me though she too was also hurting.

"Nkosatana kuliciniso kutsi solahlekelwe yinhlonipho?" Stella spoke in African language siswati.
(Princess is it true you've fallen short at manners?)

"Kusho bani angakaboni mine?" I retorted.
(Says who clearly hadn't seen me?)

Amber always liked to mix education with pleasure and scolding me in another language was normal.

"Sandra"

"Lomfat' wababe mine uyangicasula"I spat venom lacing my words.
(My father's wife is annoying me"

"Alex its okay,we're here with you and that woman mustn't get under you skin its too danger-i mean uhm...its too risky for your emotional health".

I nodded. I knew my emotional health was a panic area for Stella and Amber,according to them grieved my mother's death and all the other things that happened which if you ask me I'm absolutely fine and stable. These two though think one I'm about to break any minute from now.

"Okay,now I want to know why you disappeared on me"I said sternly crossing my arms over my chest.

"I-I...its a long story"I gave her a 'seriously' look"okay long story short I found a lead on HAMWAM_"

"Seriously!"she nodded and that's all it took for me to drag the both of the to my mom's study.

It was the only room other than my room and father's study that was soundproof and I monitored mom's and my rooms and special places myself using high tech military grade security cameras as tiny as bugs.

"Spill"

"Remember how I told my guy in National Security that about 'Husband And Mother Were All Murdered' ?" I nodded.

"Well on our last date in summer I had given him the jet's black box and a few days later he confirmed that the crash was not an incident but as we both suspected, someone wanted you and you mom dead."

I don't understand, if they wanted me too to be dead then why haven't they come back for me..this doesn't make sense. As if reading my mind Stella answered.

"You were schooled all your life and after that incident you never made social appearances ,your father never mentioned your survival to the world so you were pretty much dead to the world."

"Does that mean now that I'm in school though private one but it's social,will those people find out?"

"All the more reason for you to keep your guard up."