Prologue

HELENA SERON-VONDUTCH

~ a renowned ship builder, media catalyst, and a real state magnate.

Super strict, meticulous, perfectionist.. Nobody messes up with her. 

By the way, she's my lola. 

My name is James Russ Vondutch... I'm her only grandson. 

My lolo and dad went cruising and their ferry was never found...

My lola used all her connection to find them but to no avail.

Five months later, a woman approached my grief-stricken lola.

She claimed that her baby was her grandson..

That's me obviously and the woman was my mom.

Of course, my lola would never believe.

But my mom showed her my dad's necklace with a locket...

Lola recognized it as it was hers before. The necklace was a gift from my lola's great grandfather to her great grandmother. It's like a tradition to pass it on to each woman in the family eversince. Since lola didn't have a daughter, she gave it to my dad and told her to give it to the woman she'll marry. 

My lola opened the locket and there she saw a photo of dad, mom, and the newly born me.

But my lola still requested a DNA testing. My lola has my dad's first haircut among her memorabilias. When the test result came out, she was happy to find that I was really her grandson.

My mom left me. My lola said, she never knew where she is now. The only name she could give me was "May". So I grew up with my lola. As she always says, we only got each other... We've been together for the longest time but when i went to college, she sent me in Berlin to study International Business... I've been there for 6 years in total. Confident of what I've learned, I'm going back to the Philippines.