32

Later...
The Hews and I had a nice talk. It was mostly them asking questions about me, but I think Mrs. Hews is starting to like me. I don't really know about Mr. Hews yet but they said that I'll be able to see Melody by noon after the doctor checks on her and they see her. So now I just have to do something for a few hours.
     I thought I'd take a tour around the hospital, stretch my legs a bit. That's how I ended up here. In this lobby room playing cards with a lovely couple. The women's name is Ashley and she's here because she's waiting for the doctor to come back and check on her because she stepped on a nail and had to get stitches. The man's name is Mike and he's just here because of Ashley.
     I didn't intentionally ask to play cards, but I was sitting on one of the couches looking probably really bored because I was and they asked me to play. I think the main reason they asked me though is because you can play more card games with three people then you can with two people. As we finish off a game I check my phone to see the time. It's 12:10. That means I might be able to see Melody now!
     I say goodbye to the lovely couple before running back to her room. As I arrive I stop to catch my breath before looking in through the square window to see that her parents are in talking to her. That's means she awake and the doctors already checked on her! Now I just have to wait for her parents to be done.
I sit back in one of the chairs in the hallway trying to calm my nerves. I hope she likes me. I hope she doesn't end up hating me. I wish I wasn't horrible at first impressions.
     Before I knew it I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up into Mrs. Hews face. "You can see her now," she says with her light melodic voice.
     I jolt up out of my seat before trying to walk instead of run through the door. I step through the door letting it close behind me. I'm blinded by how beautiful she is. She has dark skin that matches her beautiful curly hair. I smile at her.
     "Hey Jacob," she says nervously. I walk into the light so she can see me.
     "Hey baby girl," I say without thinking. And with that she burst out laughing.