The Lake with Mr Popular

The next morning, or should I say 5 hours later at 3 in the morning, I woke up to something, or someone making noise from outside the cabin. It sounded like yelling and by the sound of it, someone seemed pretty angry, but who? I shot my eyes open observing the room. I noticed that Noah was nowhere to be seen and his bed sheets were moved as if he had already gotten up.

"I was only borrowing it!" Noah's voice yelled from outside the door. "You'll get it back Riley!"

"I better, otherwise I will hunt you down!" The other guy, who I assumed was Riley shot back. "and what happened to your pretty little friend will happen again!"

"Don't you dare talk about her ever again!" Noah roared, scaring me a little. I carefully jumped out of my bed hoping not to wake Alexis up but more importantly, hoping neither Noah or the Riley guy would hear me. I pressed my ear against the door like the nosey person I could be.

"Aww, does lover boy still have feelings for his dear old Annabella?" Riley chuckled. I heard Riley yell out in pain. "Let go of me!"

"You say another word about Isabella and I will skin you alive and feed you to the birds!" Noah growled with force and anger. Noah's words were like balls of fire, firing at you with every single word coming from his mouth. He sounded as if he was ready to kill someone.

"Alright, alright I get it, i get it!" the guy chuckled "i'll be coming back and you better have it other wise your brother wont be very pleased."

"Just get the fuck out of here Riley!" I heared the door nob wriggle open and I froze infront of it meeting the chocolate brown eyes of none other than Noah. He seemed a little bit shocked to see me their standing so awkwardly. Neither one of us talked, we just stood there staring at each other.

"What are you doing up?" He asked monotonously looking at me from bottom to top.

"I can ask you the same thing?" I folded my arms across my chest with my eyes following him as he went to his bed clearly ignoring my question. "I didn't hear anything." I lied.

"Don't lie." 

"Okay fine, but what was going on out there?" He took his time to answer and since I knew an answer wasn't coming very soon, I decided to make my way up to my bed across from his. "Aye, Noah from the Ark? Are you just gonna speak or what?"

"I was just talking to a friend."

"Don't lie." I mimicked him causing him (for once) to be the person to roll their eyes.

"It's nothing you need to concern yourself with Princess." Before I could get another word in he had already put his headphones on.  I scoffed and retied my messy blonde hair back into a bun and layed myself down, gently placing my head on the pillow.

*****

"Paddle!" I shouted even though nobody besides Noah, who was in the same paddle boat as me, could hear me. "How did I end up stuck on a boat in the middle of this lake with you!"

Noah's facial expression was filled with fake hurt which in no time at all was replaced by his world famous smirk. "Don't act as if you don't want to have your alone time with me." He placed his hands behind his head leaning on the back part of the boat. His sky blue vans were stretched in front of him and he chuckled at my frustration.

"I'm not acting Noah. We need to get out of here, I don't do water."

"I know what you can do." He smiled with a wink looking me from up to down. "Come on, what is so bad about ditching another hiking trip and taking a relaxing boat ride down a lake?"

"This was a bad idea! I never should have gone on this boat with you!"

"I thought we made a bet, Princess?"