viii. nargles

viii. nargles

On the December of his sixth year at Hogwarts, Albus decides he is going home for the Christmas holidays. And he's taking his boyfriend, Scorpius Malfoy, along with him.

"And you're sure about that?" Scorpius whispers into his ear one wintry night, when Albus, barely able to suppress his nervousness, relays his decision to him. They are both tucked together under the Invisibility cloak in a shadowy corner of the Astronomy tower. It is not at all wise to be testing their luck a third time this week, sneaking into the Tower in the dead of night like this. But, then again, it'd be a bit of a waste not to use the Invisibility Cloak after James -- yes, the James Sirius Potter, who had once refused to share half a chocolate frog with him -- decided to call it a day and hand his legacy over to his younger brother. He'd be very disappointed indeed if he were to hear that Albus hasn't at least used it for an hour's worth of snogging. (Which he has -- for more than just an hour).

He loops his hand around Scorpius's arm, and then laces their fingers together. It's like he's drunk, being this close to Scorpius, and he's already feeling a little light-headed when he lifts their joined hands and kisses the back of Scorpius's. It's silly, really, how soppy he becomes around him. It's almost laughable but, despite their relationship being out in the open, their intimacy is their little secret.

"Of course I'm sure," Albus mumbles into his hand. He kisses it again. "Surer than my dad when he threw away the Elder wand."

Scorpius laughs so loudly at that that Albus has to hiss at him to shut up before McGonagall comes bursting through the doors with half of the Auror Department in tow. He doesn't mean for it to be a joke because Professor McGonagall has been increasingly paranoid, given the events of recent months, but Scorpius seems to find it all the more hilarious -- hilarious enough to warrant another two minutes of relentless (and loud) snorting through his nose while helplessly thrashing against the Invisibility Cloak, clutching at his stomach. Of course, never one to be safe of Scorpius's contagious laughter, Albus joins in until there are hot tears streaming down his own aching cheeks and his stomach is sore and feeble. He doesn't even notice that the Invisibility Cloak has managed to slip down to reveal the top half of his and Scorpius's body until a soft winter breeze blows into their red faces. Exhausted, Albus flops his head down on Scorpius's lap.

Poking him, Scorpius says wrily, "I'm so very honoured to see that you've decided my lap is now your permanent pillow."

Albus peers up, grinning, at his boyfriend. "You're very welcome. I think you should tell your father. He'd be pleased to hear about your honorary new position as--er--"

"Permanent Lap-Cum-Pillow provider," Scorpius supplies helpfully. When Albus starts to snigger, he pokes him again. "Oi. What now?"

Albus let's out a juvenile bark of laughter before whispering, in an almost scandalised tone, "You said cum."

Scorpius splutters, the high pink tinge on his cheeks so obvious even in the darkness, before he crosses his arms together indignantly. Perhaps he's done that so as to maintain some dignity but it looks so ridiculous and teacher-like that Albus is covering his face in his hands while his shoulders shake in silent mirth.

"You're such a ten year old, Albus," Scorpius says, peering down at him like a disappointed parent. "Cum doesn't always have to mean--well, that. I meant cum as in, you know, like--oh I don't quite know how to explain it. Cum can also mean--oh stop laughing, Albus!" He shoves his boyfriend away, feigning sulkiness, but he keeps screwing up his face into this odd contortion and biting down on his lower lip so it doesn't twitch up into a smile. Albus lifts himself up on one arm, still chuckling, and his fingers reach upwards to brush away the blonde hairs that are swept across Scorpius's forehead.