2-When People Meet

"Clair." I said. He led me around all the walkers and up a huge flight of stairs to the roof. "Carl! Don't you ever do that again." A talk man said. "Who is this?" He asked. " her name is Clair. I saved her." Carl said. "What have I told you about meeting people and then bringing them in?" He said with an angry tone. "Dad! She was in trouble and I helped her." The man walked a few steps away while rubbing the back of his head. "We can't just leave her!" Carl said while throwing his arms out. "Carl! Your right." The man said. Carl looked back at me and had a slight smile on his face.

<><><>

"I'm Rick. Carls dad." He said, putting a piece of squirrel in his mouth. We were all sitting by a fire eating a squirrel that I cought. "I'm Clair." I said. "So how long have you been out here by yourself?" Rock asked. "I don't know, about a month or two." I said, tossing a bone in the fire. He just shook his head and kept eating.

Every now and then I would glance at Carl and see him looking at me. It wasn't bothering me though. "Why don't you two get some sleep." Rick said, grabbing his gun that was besides him on the floor. "I'll keep an eye out." He added. "No, it's fine dad. You are the one who needs sleep, me and Clair can keep watch while you sleep in the camper." Carl said. "Mhmmm." Rick hummed, "Be careful." Rick went into the camper and shut the door.

Me and Carl were sitting by eachother with the light of the fire hitting our faces and making a crackling noise. "How old are you?" Carl finally said, breaking the silence. "18. How about you?" I said, turning to face him. "18." He said, taking his hat off. "Cool."

"I've only seen your dad. Where'd your mom?" I asked, hoping it wasn't too personal. I looked over at him and his face went blank. "You don't have to ans-" "she died." He said. "Oh.." I said turning away. "Mine did too. So did my dad and brother." I said, trying not to think of what happened. "Wow. That must've been tough." Carl said, scooting closer. I couldn't hold back the tears. Before I knew it, I was sobbing.

Carl out his arms around me and I cried on his chest. "Ssshhh. It's ok. Your safe now." He said, trying to calm me down.