Chapter Three

The hall was filled with blue and silver balloons; some floating around, some on the ground and some on the tables held by shiny balloon weights. The food was at the back and the tables were on the sides making space for the huge stage and dance floor. Everything looked so pretty!

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Darnmy asked. Damn. I was caught in his beautiful eyes, they’re so sparkly! I looked down and smiled then looked up again.

“Sorry, I was just thinking.”

“About what?” He said resting his head on my shoulder playfully. I shook my head signalling that it was nothing.

“Come on, what were you thinking?” I had no clue what to say, I was completely speechless.

“Can I guess?” Darnmy sat up and move his chair so that we were facing eachother. I nodded and he gave me thinking faces making me laugh.

“I know what you were thinking!” He said excitedly. “You wanted to kiss me!” I spat out my fanta twist all over him causing him to burst out laughing. I hit him then took some tissues from the table and started to whipe his clothes.

“First you spit out your drink and then you hit me?” He screamed rubbing his arm dramatically.

“Sorry Darnmy” I said placing the tissue inside of my empty cup. He leaned closer to me pulling me towards his face.

He spoke each word so slowly. “You know what will make up for this?”

“What?”

“A kiss” He said pointing to his lips. I let out a small giggle and leaned even closer until our lips were only a few centimeters away.

“NO” I pulled back.

“I know you want to kiss me Louise, I can see it in your eyes!” I didn’t say anything back. “Whatever, your silence says it all” He winked.

I turned to him “do you want to kiss me?” I asked in an angelic voice. He looked shocked for a sec and then smiled.

“I’ll take that as a yes” I said smirking.

“So… Let’s play a game!” Is he serious? “Since you 50% want to kiss me and 50% don’t want to” When did I say that? “and” He continued “I 50% want to kiss you and 50% don’t too”

“Where is this going Darnmy?” I said, confused.

“The first person to kiss the other person wins, BUT the kiss has to be unexpected so if you see me trying to kiss you I lose and have to try again and same for you…?”

“Why would I play that?”

“Because I’m cute and you want to kiss me” He said cheekily. I have no idea why I’m agreeing  to this but…

“Okay”