Sweet Satan

My back is up against your wall as your lips crash against mine like water against the shore.
My eyes drift around your room and begin to acknowledge the Bible verses etched into the surface of your possessions and walls [they obscure the letters I wrote you, for they are tucked away like guilty secrets... I suppose they are.]

Each one is a new way they suppress who you are,
Each one is another reason to stay silent, to keep your head down.
Each one is another excuse to deny yourself the right to love.

Your hands scrape against my torso,
Plunging up and down my body,
As you dive into the saccharine satanic practices that you shun.

I think about the dreams of escape that you have conceived in this room,
I think about how every kiss you grant me is another way that you can taste the forbidden.
To you, I'm just a prop.

Your love for me is a way that you can live two juxtaposing lives [each one riddled with contrasting realities, which only dare to duel each other when doors are shut].

My body is tangible hope for you, that is why you grab it.

Hope rolls off my tongue,
It flows as freely as the insults your father preaches.

I guessed that I was your Sweet Satan.

I was so lost in thought that the sounds of sprinting and screaming were muted, turning to white noise like those Bible verses.

I was so lost in thought that didn't feel you slide away from me, and I didn't comprehend the profanities leaking from your lips.

I was so lost in thought that when the door was smashed open, my awareness only just came back.
****
A/N: This is one of my favourites! Writing it was interesting... Do you like this one? Comment below and don't forget to vote.
—Love, Thornton