Chapter 10

Most of the girls left soon after. Only one remained and it was Heather.

"Heather, didn't Tommy mention that you had a sister?" I asked her.

"He did, but she's dead. She died yesterday and that was when I stopped trying to escape. My only family was gone and I didn't want to live anymore!" Tears were pouring out of her face.

"You know something else? She was pregnant! Those disgusting pigs killed her boyfriend and then raped her when she was 5 months pregnant!" I moved over to her and embraced her into a tight hug.

"The baby was born a week ago and they killed her!" My heart was breaking. I couldn't imagine what she must have been through. How much she wanted to die after her sister.

"You listen to me. You have us now. We are going to be your family." I told her. She smiled and hugged me tighter.

"Thank you."

*

 We were on the road once more. I was in the back with Heather and Elli while Noah was sitting in the front with Nik.

Nik had said something about talking to Noah about Elli and how she was to young to have any relationship with anyone. I think Nik is a little paranoid and over protective.

"Are we stopping anytime soon? I have been sitting for 5 hours! I can't feel my butt." Complained Elli.

"We aren't taking any chances. We have at least another 24 hours before we actually get to Massachusettes." Replied Nik.

"Ugh! I can't wait that long, and besides I have to pee. Really bad."

Nik groaned, "Fine. We can stop."

It took us another hour before we actually stopped at an empty gas station.

"Thank you." Elli said as she emergerd from the car.

"Yeah, whatever." Replied Nik.

"Don't get to far away, Elli," I yelled to her.

"I know the deal."

I smiled as I saw her walk inside the desserted building. Noah was walking with Nik and Heather was leaning aganist the car.

"Hey, are you all right?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine actually. I've been fine for a while, ever since you rescued me." That brought a smile to my face. I was glad that she was fine.

"We aren't here for very long, maybe you should use the bathroom and grab something to eat; if it's unopened." I told her.

She gave me a small nod, "Thanks, I think I will."

I saw her take the same path as Elli, I was now alone by the car and it felt nice to have silence, that is until I heard a scream.

I turn my head and see Elli run out of the gas station.

"Elli, what's wrong!" I yelled to her.

"There was a-a person! A crazy person! I think it was a RED EYE." She stampered.

"Where's Heather?"

"She's back in there. She took him off of me!"

"Nik!" I yelled as I was making my way to the gas station.

I entered the building and went straight to the bathroom. The RED EYE was on top of Heather, trying to bite her.

"Hold on Heather." I said to her. I quickly ran out of the bathroom and immediatly found a bat behing the cash register. I ran back to the bathroom and took one good swing to its head. The thing dropped and was unmoving.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks to you."

I pulled her into a hug.

"Everything fine?" Asked Nik as he entered the bathroom.

"Yeah, it is now." I told him.

"Good, let's get out of here."

I nodded in agreement. There were to many close calls and we had to be extra careful. As soon as we all climbed into the truck Nik started the engine a drove forward.