Wait! What?

Tuesday June 2
Nicole woke up, and this time she was actually on a bed. She yawned and put the covers over her head. She looked at her clock and saw that she had 47 minutes until she had to get ready. She yawned again as she got out of bed, and put on a grey t-shirt that had the American flag on it, and black leggings, with her new black high top converse. Nicole looked around her room once she had all her stuff on, and sat down on the bed. She opened a little brown chest on the end of her bed, as she looked at a old picture of her, her dad, and her mom. A tear rolled down her cheek, as the salty water formed a little puddle on the picture. She put the picture back in the chest as she spotted another one, and she decided not to take it out as it was another picture of her mom, and her playing mini golf. Nicole wiped away her tears as she tiptoed down the stairs. She heard her dad snoring on the couch, since his room had nothing in it except a TV and some of his clothes in a closet. I'm surprised I could get my stuff out faster than him. Nicole thought as she walked over to the pantry and she took a granola bar as she opened the front door and it squeaked. Nicole shut the front door and decided to try the back door. Nicole slowly turned the knob and opened the door without it squeaking. Nicole walked out as she closed the door slowly and tightly and stepped onto the wet and dewy grass. She walked to the backside of the fence and opened the gate with a hard shove, as she fell onto the grass. She got up and brushed herself off with herd hands, and picked out the grass in her hair. She closed the gate and walked towards the sidewalk, as she heard little pidder padder pidder padders on the concrete behind her. She kept walking, but then it finally came to her that it was about to rain down very hard. She walked one more minute and the rain had already soaked Nicole's clothes, hair, and shoes. Just my luck. Nicole though as she trudged through the thick grass and mumbled something under her breath angrily. She felt like a Olympic swimmer that dived into the pool and realised he had his regular clothes on, with his new favourite shoes. She got slower the minute she had been more soaked, as the rain never stopped. She spotted a building that had a horse running on it, as she smiled. The first time she smiled since she woke up. Nicole picked up her pace as she saw the Hooves At Heart sign on the small building, as rain was splashing down the roof onto the grassy ground. She ran towards the building until she came to the brown door. She knocked on it once, and then twice which was her signature knock. Dr. Mike opened the door as he greeted her in with a quick hug and lead her inside. "You know I'm all wet, right?" Nicole asked as Dr. Mike pulled away from her. "Now I realised......" Mike said as he chuckled slightly and looked her up and down. "I should have noticed that your hair was soaking wet." He said as he looked at his now wet, white Hooves At Heart t-shirt. "I'll be right back. I'll go get Lori." Mike said as he walked over to ''his room'' before yelling outside to Lori to say that Nicole was here. Lori walked inside and she greeted me with a big hug, as Mike had. "I'm wet, you know tha-" I was stopped short before I realised that she was freezing cold, and it was probably because she had been outside with the horses the whole time. The horses. I thought. I pulled away from Lori after our little hugging session was over and I asked her, "Lori, can I go outside to see Domino?" I ask, seeing that it was still raining. "Ummm... sure, but I don't think you want to go outside. Anyways I was just about to put the horses back." Lori said, as she went outside again to get the horses back in their stalls. "Now you can go." She almost yelled to me from outside as she walked back in and dried her shoes off on the mat. I fast-walked into the stables and walked past two horse stalls and pet them on the nose, and then spotted Domino right next to those horses. I saw his name carved into a wooden sign and I smiled. I put my head in through the opening of the stall and put my hand in, as I pet his nose and messed with his ears a little, before I went over to fill the horses water, and hay. I could just ring my hair and shirt out and that would be enough water for all the horses. I thought as I walked over to the hose outside. I sighed as I walked out into the rain and grabbed the hose. I walked back into the stables and filled each horses barrels of water. I could see each horses reflection in the water, as tiny bubbles and ripples formed as they took big swallows of their water. The one reflection I loved the most was Dominos. His black mane fell from once side, and as he turned his head it fell from the other side. His little nose had a white stripe on it, and he had white patches all over his body, with a little round white spot on his eye. I frowned as I looked into the water and saw my reflection. My raggedy brown hair that I forgot to brush, my crooked smile, and my plain black eyes. I walked over to the bowl of apples, bananas, oranges, and carrots on the glass table as I took two apples and walked back into the stables. I gave one of my apples to Domino as I took a bite out of the other one and walked out of the stables. "Lori. I'm about to go. School starts soon and I have to get back!" I yell outside as she looks up and walks towards me. "Aww. Okay." Lori says as she walks over to her desk. "Bye, Nicole. See you after school tomorrow." She says as I almost walk out the door, as I see a picture standing on her desk. "Lori......" I say not taking my eyes off the picture. "Are you...... Leanna?" I ask, trying to fight back the tears. "Yeah, why hon?" Lori asks as I look at the picture, as my mouth is wide open. The picture she had on her desk was her and me playing mini golf.

A/N:
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry, I took forever to do this chapter! But guys, this is where stuff gets interesting. Is Lori, also known as Leanna Nicole's mother? Is this actually real life? , And If so how did Lori not notice this? You will all just have to find out in the next chapter! Please finish the sentence below! ^__^
~Julia❤️
I think ____ is _____.