Chapter 2

I was laying on my bed, reading a book, until it knocked on my door. I got up and opened the door, just to find Bailey standing in front of me.                                                                                                  "Hey Y/N, wanna come to the sky deck with me? Zack is paying for the drinks for everyone."       "How could I say no to that. Let me just change into something else." I answered, looking down at my sweatpants. So I changed into a black skirt and my favorite band shirt.                                        "Okay I'm ready to go now." I said smiling.                                                                                                           "Great."                                                                                                                                                                                       When we got on the sky deck we found Zack surrounded by a bunch of girls at the smoothie bar. "Hey Zack. What are you doing?" I asked looking at him slightly confused.                                                    "Oh I'm just hanging around. Using my brand new meal card. Want a smoothie? It's on me today." he answered proudly.                                                                                                                                       "Aren't those supposed to only pay for our lunch, books and other school stuff?" Bailey asked. Before Zack could even answer Cody walked over to us.                                                                        "Zack! If you keep buying stuff for all of these girls, you will run out of money." Cody said and in the exact same moment the smoothie guy came over to us with Zack's card in his hand.       "Sorry, but this card isn't working. Your out of money" He said.                                                               "WHAT?! You already spent all of the money on your card? It's supposed to be for the whole semester." Bailey said shocked.                                                                                                                                     "Actually..." Zack started "I already spent mine yesterday, this is Cody's." He said looking at Cody.   "No you didn't!" Cody said pointing angry at Zack. "How are we now supposed to pay for our meals?!" Suddenly Moseby appeared behind us, putting his hands on Zack and Cody's shoulder. "I think I might have the perfect solution for your little problem here." he said. He led them away, leaving me and Bailey confused. A few minutes later they came back wearing uniform. "Guess who's now working for me?" Moseby said happily.        

After the incident in the morning I went shopping with London, when we came back I sat down at the smoothie bar, where Zack was working now.                                                                                          "So how do you like your new job?" I asked him, trying to hold back my laugh, which earned me an angry look from Zack. But before he could answer Cody came running to us.                                 "Zack! I've got a plan. There's gonna be a yo-yo contest in three days and the winner is gonna get a check of 1.000 dollars. Then we can quit our stupid jobs!" he explained us excited.           "Perfect. Just one problem: You suck at yo-yo." Zack answered.                                                             "That's why you have to take both our jobs, whilst I practice." Cody answered.                                 "But I can't possibly do both jobs at the same time. I'm already overwhelmed with one." Zack said.                                                                                                                                                                                            "I could help you." I suggested "As long as you take Cody's job with the towels, because some of them are sweaty and disgusting. But I could take yours." I continued smiling.                                      "Great! Thanks Y/N! You're our hero!" Cody said hugging me.                                                                    "Yes! Thank you so much! I could kiss you right now!" Zack said.                                                                      I blushed and answered:" Okay just give me a minute to get a uniform." I ran off. After I finally found one I returned back to the smoothie bar.                                                                                                    At first I messed a few orders up and Zack had to come and help me, but after a while I figured things out and everything was working fine and I actually enjoyed working. The customers were nice and it was definitely better than doing nothing the whole day. Maybe I could ask my uncle if he has a job for me.                                                                                                                                                           After about one hour Bailey came and sat down at the bar.                                                                            "Hey, Bailey, can I get you something?" I asked.                                                                                                      "No, but thank you. I feel so bad, because after I took Zack's advice I lied to London, but now I feel so guilty and don't know what to do." She said sounding pretty stressed.                                    "Hm maybe you should just tell her how you really feel. I mean maybe she will understand you, now that she knows how she made you live." I answered.                                                                           "Yeah, I think I'll do that. Thank you Y/N, you're a real friend." She said hugging me.     

Today was the day of the yo-yo contest, so I walked on the sky deck, over to Zack, who was now working at the smoothie bar again. He showed me his new towel thrower, which was filled with oranges.                                                                                                                                                                                "Look Y/N, isn't this cool he said, firing one orange in the air, landing on the camera, which was filming the whole contest and made it fall to the ground, shattering into pieces.                                                                                                                                                     "Oops." Me and him said at the same time, looking at each other in horror. But they continues the contest anyways and when it was finally Cody's turn me and Zack cheered so loud that everyone shushed us. Cody was just amazing. But sadly it wasn't enough, because when Uncle Moseby announced the winner he said:" And the winner of the yearly yo-yo competition is: Johann Yo!" I was so frustrated that I went on the stage and said:"But that's not fair! Johann Yo is a professional, he's been doing this for ages. Cody deserves to win!" Cody whispered a soft thank you and Zack got up on the stage as well and said: "Yes! She's right!"                                             "What? You're a professional?" My uncle asked, looking disappointed at Johann Yo.                       "Yes." He answered.                                                                                                                                                      "Well that's too bad, because this contest was for beginners only, so I guess Cody is the winner. Sorry Johann." Moseby said, looking at Cody.                                                                                                     "Thanks Uncle." I said hugging him. At the same moment a guy with a giant check came in.  "Give it to papa!" Cody almost screamed, running towards the check.                                                  "Not so fast." Moseby said, holding him back. "This belongs to me, thanks to Zack and Y/N, who broke the camera."                                                                                                                                                            "But the camera can't be that expensive!" Cody cried.                                                                                      "It's not, but remember the anchor Zack broke, or the countless other time you two hooligans broke something?"  Moseby answered.                                                                                                                  "That means we have to keep working for our food?" Zack asked disappointed.                              "yes and you know what? Y/N can help you, maybe her usually good behavior will influence you both." He said laughing.  

To be continued.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------