MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Ben rubbed his eyes as the morning sun began to rise. When he looked up, Mal was looking right at him. He jumped a little as he wasn't prepared to wake up and see his girlfriend greeting him; for one thing, it was very uncommon for Mal to wake up early and be happy about it.

"Good morning sleepy head," she said cheerfully.

"Morning," Ben said groggily as he sat up. "What time is it?"

"Only 7:30," Mal replied.

"Um, I woke you up at 8 about a month ago, and you looked like you were about to put a curse on me."

"That was a month ago when it wasn't Christmas," Mal said. Ben chuckled as he got out of bed. The couple walked down the stairs together. When they reached the family room, the other VKs were awake and cheerful while the AKs looked just as tired as Ben did.

"Did they wake you guys up too?" Ben asked.

"Eeyup," all the AKs said with groggy voices.

"Now, you know how your mother and I felt every year when you were a kid," Beast said.

"Well, to be fair," Belle began. "Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos never really got to experience celebrating Christmas as children. I say give 'em this chance."

All the AKs looked at each other and giggled. "I guess we can deal with it this one time," Lonnie said.

"And the year after that cause we're not telling them that Santa's you know what next year," Jane whispered in Lonnie's ear.

"Yay," Lonnie said sarcastically.

"Can we open presents now?" Evie whined like a toddler.

Everyone laughed once more as they began passing out the gifts. It didn't take long for all ten of the teenagers to start ripping apart the wrapping paper.

"They're still kids at heart," Belle mumbled to herself.

Everyone seemed pretty happy with their gifts. Mal got new art supplies, Evie got a new sewing machine, Jay got a whole bunch of tourney equipment, Carlos got new toys for Dude, Ben got a mug that said Number One King on it, Doug got a brand new trumpet for band, Lonnie got new swords for the upcoming Swords and Shields season that she was determined to get on the team this year, Jane got a bunch of new outfits to replace her old ones that she felt were a little childish, Chad finally got a new phone after losing his shortly before the VKs came to Auradon, and Audrey got a whole ton of new makeup.

Even after opening up all of their gifts, the teenagers continued to talk and laugh.

"Anyone want hot chocolate?" Mrs. Potts said coming in with a tray.

"Why would anyone want steaming hot chocolate bars?" Carlos asked.

"That's not actually what hot chocolate is," Jane said. Each of the VKs were handed a mug, but each one looked confused. "Hot chocolate is a very popular holiday drink. These have marshmallows in it and is topped with whipped cream."

"Try some," Lonnie said starting to take a sip from her mug,

The VKs all looked at each other before taking a sip. After they took their first sip, all of their eyes widened.

"So, how is it?" Audrey asked.

"I think I may be obsessed," Evie said. Suddenly, all the AKs started giggling. Evie turned towards the VKs, who also started giggling. "What?"

"You gotta little..." Doug said wiping the whipped cream off Evie's lip.

"Oh," Evie said as she started blushing. "Can't take me anywhere I guess."

"Hey, that's my line," Mal said. After awhile, Mal came to a realization. "I think I finally understand why all of you people like Christmas so much." The AKs listened intently. "It's a time where you get to enjoy the people around you and their company. It's a time that everyone can just forget about the struggles of everyday life and just remember all the great things in life you already have." Mal then turned to the VKs. "Like great friends." The VKs then pulled each other in for a group hug. "Cause we're jolly..."

"...to the core."

The End

Hey guys! I hope you all are having an amazing Christmas. Thank you guys so much for reading this small story that came to my mind one day in class. A short and simple, but sweet story was just what I was going for. I hope you all enjoyed reading it. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Samantha ❤️💚