Chapter Twelve

~Sierra Sparks~

On the screen is my Austin pulling out his gun and aiming straight to Tommy. Then it just cut off. All I see is a bullet and then the screen is cut. I could feel tears run down my cheeks as Liz takes the disc out. She makes her way to me, handing it over and just letting out a sigh.

“He’s trouble, Sierra. We told you that,” Taylor says, but I ignore her bitchy words. I don’t have time to hear their ‘I told you so’ crap.

“I don’t need to hear that,” I spat, before breaking my disc in half and putting it in my pocket. I get up, wiping my tears and just walking away from the four. I walk straight off the house. I wouldn’t dare talk to Austin who was in the backyard waiting for me. I just watched him murder Tommy.

I walk past Alex, Robert, Zach, and Tyler who were in the front. They thought I was suppose to meet Austin, so they looked confused because I look angry and like I’ve been crying. And I am both.

“Sierra, what happened?” Alex speaks up, running after me. But I don’t falter in step. I keep up my pace, and don’t dare answer. I know the boys are going to get Austin right now and I don’t want that.

“Sierra!” Alex growls, grabbing my wrist harshly to stop me. I wince in pain at his touch and try to rip my arm around but it’s no use. His wrist just gets tighter, causing more pain. This is what happens when you are friends with a gang.

“Alex!” I finally hear a certain voice bark. I look over to see its Austin. The murder.

Alex lets go of me, and I keep walking to my car. I am disgusted. I couldn’t look at him. I couldn’t love him. I couldn’t love a liar. A murder.

I soon see Austin standing in front of me, blocking me from my car door.

“Sierra, what’s wrong?” he asks, looking down at me. I look up in such anger, and I just punch his chest a bunch. He grabs my wrists, but delicately. It catches me by surprise too. He wasn’t getting angry.

“I got anger management lessons for you,” he admits, as I stare at him. No… It isn’t the same anymore to look at him.

All I do is pull out the broken disc and hand it to him. I then whisper my final words to Austin Mahone, the bad boy of the town, “My mom was right. Everyone lies to you at some point in your life. I just never assumed you would.”