Four

November 7th, 1983, Hawkins, Indiana

I  stared down at the object in Eleven's hands. It made static noises as she played with the buttons. It was dark, and an antenna poked out of it at the top. I gasped, forcing my head to face the sheet covering us before it was pulled up. My heart calmed down recognizing Mike as he bent down, smiling at us when realising what we had been playing with.

"You found my Supercomm. Pretty cool, huh?" He chuckled, pointing to the object in Eleven's palms. I followed his finger, before turning back to him. "I talk to my friends with it. Mostly Lucas cause' he lives so close. The signals pretty weak, you know?" Eleven turned to me in confusion, so I just shrugged my shoulders. He then reached into his pocket, pulling out two sponge looking items. They smelled freshly baked, reminding me of the resturant before we came here, making me shudder slightly.

"I got you guys breakfast," He told us, handing us the spongey food. Eleven quickly bit into it, me following after. I hummed in delight, savoring the last few bites I had left once I continued eating it. "but listen, this is gonna sound a little weird, but I need you guys to do something for me."

I turned my attention to him, waiting for him to continue. "I need you guys to go out there, then go to the front door and ring the doorbell. My mom will answer and you guys will tell her that you're lost and that you need help. But whatever you do, don't tell her about last night, or that you even know me. Understand?"

I stared at him, my eyebrows narrowed, my mouth parted slightly. He expected us to leave, then come back, and tell his mother that we're lost? I can barely even understand the human language, he thinks I can lie easily like that? Eleven was worse!

"I know, it sounds like alot, but it's really no big deal. We can just pretend we're meeting each other again. My mom will know who to call."

I pulled the spongey goodness away from my lips, staring up at him, "no."

He stared down at me, his eyebrows furrowed. "No...you don't want my mom to help you guys?"

I simply shook my head, taking the last bite of my food, before brushing my hands on my pants. "you're in trouble, aren't you?" I peered down at my pants, feeling Eleven tense up beside me as she stared at Mike, nodding her head slowly. "who are you in trouble with?"

"Bad people," I muttered, avoiding his strong gaze as my nerves started to build up. My body started to heat up, thinking back to the place we were in before. Thinking back to Papa. Anger boiled through my veins as I formed my hands into fists, my nails digging into my skin.

"Do they want to hurt you? The bad people?" Mike continued, making me shut my eyes tightly, afriad of what would happen to Mike if he continued to ask us questions. Eleven noticed my anger, and she quickly placed her hand upon my shoulder, turning to Mike. She simply placed her fingers against her temple, before pointing them towards Mike, who I could hear gulp in fear.

"Understand?"

"Micheal, where are you? You're gonna be late!" A voice called from upstairs, making Mike jump in fright. I opened my eyes, watching as he quickly scampered to his feet, fixing his coat around his body.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Stay here, okay? Stay here!"

"Upset, Twelve?" Eleven mumbled, pulling my hands into hers. I quickly pulled my hands away when she jolted in pain. My hands were a bright red, the heat in my body resembling a turned on oven. I shook my head, tears welding up in the corner of my eyes as I wrapped my arms around my legs, bringing them to my chest.

"Memories. Bad people, stuck in my head," I cried, rocking back and forth as I tried to clear my mind of Papa and the other workers. But it wouldn't stop coming back to me. The moment I stopped thinking of them and started thinking of something else, like Mike and the other two boys, it would come straight back to me.