Prologue

Prologue

At the young age of 8 Yasmin Jerome got bullied. She had ginger hair, chrystal blue eyes, pale skin and a few freckles. She had one only friend, her name was Laurie. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, the kind every boy wanted to make fun of because they liked her, bearing in mind they were 8. But Yasmin had already had a rough life. She went into foster homes until she was 6 and was adopted, so got to be able to go to a stable school, and have a stable life. But no matter how much her adopted parents acted like they were her mum and dad, she knew they would never, ever be.

One day Yasmin came into school to see that Laurie was hanging round with a different crowd, she was with a new girl called Gemma. She had blonde hair and blue eyes too. Yasmin went up to Laurie and said hello but she just ingored her. She tapped her when she turned around with an angry look on her face and pushed her over.

Laurie was her only friend.

Everyone in the playground turned around to see an embarrased Yasmin on the floor, dirt on her skirt and tears pouring out of her eyes like raindrops.

"Ginge!" Gemma teased and moved in closer to Yasmin. Everyone gathered around in a circle to see what was going on. "No one likes a girl with ginger hair." 

Everyone laughed along with the new girl, even Laurie. Yasmin looked up at her to see if there was any sympathy written on her face, but there was none.

Everyone eased out as a teacher came to help Yasmin up, everyone gathered back into where they were before and acted as if nothing had happened. The bell rang to line up in the class lines while Gemma stood at the front with the teachers, acting all innocent as if she didn't do anything wrong. 

Yasmin tapped Laurie on the shoulder and Lauries face turned ugly, it was angry and bitter. "What? I pushed you over once do you want me to do it again?" Laurie said as if Yasmin was just spit on the ground and Laurie had better things to do.

"Why aren't you my friend anymore?" Yasmin said as if she was about to burst out crying. She didn't want to lose her only friend, she needed an apology or even a hug. But something told her that that wasn't going to happen.

"Because I made friends with Gemma, and Gemma doesn't like ginger girls." With that Laurie turned around and never spoke to Yasmin for the rest of the school day. She ate lunch alone, sat on her own and had no friends to sit by in class. She was on her own, just like when her mum and dad left her.

As time went on she went into secondary school and had made it into a week. She got more and more shy as the days progressed but it was too late. There were now all of the set friendship groups and Yasmin had no place in them, she didn't make it into any catagory and was now on her own.

Laurie and Gemma are now best friends, they are the most popular in year 7. It tortured Yasmin, she and Laurie were like that but were actually nice

So Yasmin walks alone. With no friends to lean on, no real parents. What was right in her life? It had lost purpose. 

Walking on, Yasmin kept her head held high.

But maybe not for much longer.