Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Gemma and Laurie walked into the school gates, laughing and giggling as they made fun of a girl with a bad hair cut. They both sat down at a bench when all of the wannabes almost ran up to them, sitting on the bench to try and impress them with their same hairstyles, same blotchy fake tan and their over-done foundation.

Yasmin watched from a distance eating an apple she grabbed for breakfast just before shse left the house. That line from when she was 8 still stuck in her head; 'nobody likes a girl with ginger hair.' It still hurt her even though it was from long ago.

As she watched a girl looked up and saw her staring. Yasmin quickly looked down at the ground as if a stone had interested her. Yasmin dared to look up a tiny bit to see them all walking up to her and whispering. She tried to walk away but they had all crowded around her.

"I can't believe you were even friends with that maggot." Gemma said to Laurie as she looked at Yasmin. Yasmin tried to think about other things but she saw other people coming over and it was hard to get distracted.

"I know, I'm actually embarrased." Laurie gossiped, looking straight at Yasmin again, which Yasmin dodged. "Are you gonna look at us or what?" 

Yasmin looked at them both in the eyes, almost about to barge through the crowd, sit in a corner and cry. Gemma and Laurie could tell that Yasmin was upset, but that just made them laugh even harder. 

Randomly Gemma flicked Yasmin in the head and stomped on her foot. Gemma got closer to Yasmin's face and looked straight into her eyes. "Just to remind you, you've got no friends. So I suggest you do as we say or we make your life a misery." She pushed Yasmin hard and into another one of her clones as she turned away arm in arm with Laurie.

"Sorry." Yasmin muttered under her breathe and ran out of the way. She ran to the nearest bathroom and locked herself in there. She didn't want to go to lesson, she didn't want to be in school. She she stayed in there for the rest of the day being unheard and lonley. She didn't want to run into Gemma and Laurie again.

When the bell for the end of school went, she unlocked the door and ran out the gates. She continued to run until she came to her house where she let herself in and hid herself in her room. She hunched herself up whimpering, realising no tears were coming out.

"Stop being so pathetic, them girls will end up as prostitutes, hookers and strippers one day in a run-down bar. You'll be the successful one not them." 

She stood up and went into her wardrobe and went through some boxes to find some sunday school papers she had when at her old foster parent's house they went to church. She read a couple and saw a specific quote:

'Justice will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.'

As she read that she wondered why justice hasn't been done for her. Why couldn't God help her now? 

***

The next day Yasmin went into school. This time she wasn't going to hide, she was going to be strong. 

She saw all of the girls walking up to her again, jeering at her. Yasmin smiled at them, perfectly nice. They all looked at each other wondering why she was smiling. They had made her run off yesterday and skip classes, so why is she happy? 

"Back again?" Yasmin said in the sweetest voice someone could have ever said to people so horrible.

"Why did you skip classes yesterday? Were you afraid?" Laurie asked bitterly.

"No, I just didn't want to see dumb and dumber and their clones." Yasmin said nicely.  "No offence." The girls all looked at each other in confusion, they wanted to know why Yasmin was fighing back, and why she dared to even insult any of them.

In reply to Yasmins comment the girls turned on their heels and walked the other way. Gemma looked back and gave Yasmin the evils, which made Yasmin regret her comment. In her head she knew that by saying something mean it wasn't 'Justice' by insulting another person. Even if them girls had hearts of stone they didn't deserve to be insulted like that.

In class the teacher placed one of Gemma and Laurie's clones to sit by Yasmin. They weren't too happy about that by the look on their faces, but they had to grin and bear it. Yasmin looked on the clone's book and noticed that her name was Allie. She then noticed that Allie was ripping a page out of her book and ripping it into a smaller peice. She wrote something down on it and passed it to Yasmin. The note read:

You shouldn't have said that to Gemma and Laurie.

Yasmin wrote back:

Why not?

And from that they had a little conversation exchanging notes:

A- Because, you made Gemma really angry. She's thinking about fighting you after school.

Y- Why are you telling me this anyway? I thought you were their friends?

A-  I am, it's just that you seem nice. Them picking a fight with you wasn't fair, I just wanted to warn       you.

Y- Well thanks. But I think I'll be fine. You actually are quite nice.

And with Yasmin's end comment their conversation ended, or so she thought. 

Allie got her phone out of her pocket and reada conversation which Yasmin read secretly, it read:

Gemma- Going to fight Yasmin at the end of school, I want it to be a suprise so she'll regret ever insulting me. Kisses! Xx

Allie looked at me and shot me a look which i knew meant 'did you read it?' I nodded and she put her phone away. Yasmin worried herself about what was going to happen, all the way through the lesson. She didn't know how strong Gemma was or what was going to happen. Was Laurie going to join in? Or was any of their 'clones?' 

But soon enough it was last lesson, and that ended quickly too.

Gemma and Yasmin sat on the same table in the last lesson of the day, but through that Gemma acted as if nothing was going on. 

And when the final bell rang the teacher dismissed all of the tables, Yasmin's last. She walked out of the door to see all of the clones following her. She didn't dare look behind her.

As she got out of the school gates she dared to look behind and Gemma lunged forward to push her. Yasmin got back up and Gemma punched Yasmin in the face. 

"Remember this?" Laurie said and pushed Yasmin into the road with overwhelming power. 

Suddenly it all went too fast.

Yasmin struggled to get back up when Allie shouted to Yasmin something along the lines of 'get up quick!' Yamsin looked onto the oncoming car hear the screeching brakes and a sudden crash.

Yasmin didn't move.