Chapter .VI.

I couldn't fall back to sleep after the nightmare I had.
I looked at the man who was supposed to become my husband and found myself scanning his beautiful features.

He was just too perfect for me even though I would have made a different choice if I had the chance to.

All my life, I pictured myself marrying a woman not getting married to a man.
Not that I was complaining, he would be the perfect description of a woman biggest fantasy. Tall, beautiful, sexy, manly, every good shit you can find in a man.

He was going to be my husband and we were going to play the family game. I was going to bear his child and he was going to be mine. I felt my heart tingle at those thoughts and looked away.

What!? I was in already so better get used to it right?

I looked through the window to find the sun setting up wondering how far was this man taking me.

There was no sign of us arriving soon, the decor was still the same. Trees, trees and trees.
As if he could read my mind he opened his eyes revealing his crystal blue orbs to me.

"We're here" he said and the car slowed down before finally stopping.
I looked out to see where we were but there was still no signs of living souls around..

The car's door was opened by a man I guessed was the driver and he offered me a hand.

I took it after moments of hesitation blushing not wanting to be rude and heard the other door being opened getting closed.

I stood there analysing my surroundings in search of housings as a hand was placed in the small of my back leading me to a bushy path.

A few steps further, we walked through a rocky path.
Turning left we stopped an I looked up. And there stood this beautiful mansion made of fine sculpted brown bricks.

"Is this your house? " I asked eyes glued to the beautiful baby

"It's ours" was his response and I couldn't be more thrilled by his response.

Ours, meaning mine too. I felt like my life was taking an interesting turn despite the fact that I was wondering if everything was real. But overall, i got the lucky ticket even if it happened to be a dream. My lips twisted into a smile.
Call me gold digger all you want but I'll be the one doing the spreading part at night so I better take advantage of that.

As we approached the front door two lines of maids facing each other greeted us.

"Welcome home master" they said in union as we were passing in between them.
The front double door was opened by two men in black I guessed were the guards. Bowing to us as we stepped in.

The baby was as if not more outstanding inside than outside, a black carpet greeted us and I could feel how smooth it was through my sneakers.

He leaded me to wooden stairs his hand still in my back.
I was not a wood specialist but this dark brown shiny wood was certainly one of the finest.

We walked through this long corridor which had it's walls decorated with many portraits of people I've never seen stopping in front of a wooden double door.
His hand finally left me as he went to open the door.

"Come in" he said stepping aside to let me in.
And to say I was lucky now was an understatement I was still a bit in my 'is this a dream? ' state.

In the center of the room stood a golden king sized bed with pure white bed sheets over and a few pillows nicely scattered on it.

Just on the left was a glassy French door leading to what would be a private balcony and the view was magnificent even as I was still standing next to the room's door.
Looking to my right I saw a wooden door, surely leading to the bathroom.

The room was nicely furnished, everything had it's place. Even the brown couch sitting in front of the fireplace on which hung a portrait of a black tiger with piercing blue eyes.

It was just a portrait but it sent shivers all over me, I felt like a prey trapped under it's gaze not daring to take my eyes of it fearing to get eaten.

I jumped when I felt a tap over my shoulder, only then did I notice the prince standing in front of me his hand still on my shoulder.

"The bathroom's over there" he said looking at the wooden door on our right.

"Take a shower and have some breakfast, Chris will take care of your luggage" he added walking to the door

I heard the door opening but didn't bother turning around as I was still taking every detail of the bedroom.

"The mating ceremony will take place tomorrow so we will have to discus some details so hurry up, I have to leave in about an hour or so" he then disappeared before I could utter a single word leaving the door who shut itself with a faint creaking sound.

'Mating ceremony? '

A bit confused, I walked to the door on my right opening it and almost gasping at the sight.

"Gosh, why is it so big? " I murmured to myself my hands running on the marbled surface.

I had to touch everything to be sure I wasn't dreaming...

The bathtub in porcelain, the double golden sink, the Italian shower.
Even had to plunge my hand in the hot jacousy separated from the rest by a glassy door..

I went back to where the shower was and pushed the door next to it walking in a walk in closet that looked like it could be easily mistaken for a high standard magasin clothing... Wasn't surprised by the multiple expensive looking costumes and shoes.

Remembering that I've been told to hurry up, I took of my clothes an went to freshen up in 'My' bathroom.