여덟

who cares if he has a girlfriend? it's not like you like him or anything. but you couldn't stop your heart rate from accelerating, or your eyes to stop swelling.

you smile an oh, so fake smile. and hold up your small, clammy hand. she doesn't accept your handshake though and instead, you're given an icy look. her blue eyes shone with what look liked hate, but who were you to assume.

"you never mentioned her while we were talking, finn.", you say coldly, putting down your empty hand.

finn scratches the back of his head, "oh, i haven't? oops." he says after what seemed like forever.

"that's because he probably didn't want to share anything personal with you." ranae says with venom in her voice.

"or maybe he didn't care enough about you to say anything in the first place.", you say back. you were honestly surprised with the confidence in your usually quiet voice.

finn stayed quiet and looked at the ground, obviously in an unwanted situation.

"um, well, finn doesn't talk about you that much, so." ranae responds lamely.

this girl annoyed you to an unknown extent and you barely even know her. you noticed your nails digging into your palms. you should leave before you say something you shouldn't.

"finn, it was nice meeting you, but i think i need to go.", you say cooly.

"you only just got here though, y/n! please don't go yet." finn pleads.

"let her go, finn! why do you care so much?", ranae asks clearly annoyed.

you turn your back, not wanting to deal with this girl anymore. you started walking quickly to the doors; you can just walk home. you were just approaching the doors when you felt a hand on yours. you turned to see finn himself, a pleading look on his face.

"don't go, y/n. i'm sorry i got mad at you yesterday, i don't know what got into me. it's just, there's something about you that i can't figure out. you make me feel like no one else, and when you said you were with someone, i didn't know what to do with myself. i know i have a girlfriend and i shouldn't be saying stuff like this, but i needed to eventually. i like you, y/n. that may not be anything big to you, but it is to me. you mean so much to me, and we haven't even been friends for over a month. so please, don't go. stay here with me before i have to leave, i'll regret it way too much if i let you get away without a proper conversation at least."

you were speechless. finn wolfhard just said he liked you. a smile approached your face slowly, you couldn't help it.

"okay.", you say finally.

you noticed you and finns' hand were still attached, which gave you a burst of joy. which didn't seem possible anymore.

"let's go outside to talk, it's too crowded in here", finn says.

"okay."

hand and hand, you and finn walk to the garden behind the building.

tonight was going way better than you intended.

~

hi lol (:

ok ill go home.

its 4:15am forgive this chapter