1) Surviving is much harder than you think

Hello and welcome to A Bird in Black Light!

This is an official rewrite of the first story: The world we live in. So this one will be much better. I'm just going to go ahead and say that I'm aiming for 2 comments, 5 votes, and about 100 views. Yay!! :)

So as for a bit of explanation, this story is a naruto fanfiction and is also labeled romance since there is quite a bit of romance (*cough cough* Kakashi *cough cough* Iruka...). However, there is also adventure/thriller, and even a slice of horror ;). But it won't be that bad. I know the first few paragraphs/pages are going to be boring and blah, but that's just because I needed to explain this stuff sometime so why not now XD. And trust me, the next few chapters will be so much better! So please give this a change I've been working super hard on this and thank you! Now let's get this party started ;3

Disclaimer: I don't own naruto, only my characters and ideas. so don't sue me X3

Pic of Robyn   >>>>>>

------------------------------------------------------------------

>>Robyn’s Perspective<<

“So, you think Blake’s gonna ask you to marry him soon?”

I sucked in a breath. “Laney, I’m only 21. Don’t you think that’s a little young?” I asked.

She shrugged uncaringly, a cool smirk on her face. “Robyn, everyone knows you two are perfect for each other. I was surprised he didn’t ask you to marry him the moment he asked you out.”

“Now come on,” I nudged her playfully, “he couldn’t have loved me that much.”

“Well considering he was your only friend for most of your life, I think he did love you that much,” she grinned. I started to think hard about this. At the sight of the uncertain look on my face she sighed. “Remember when he came by your house every night to comfort you? Remember when he walked you to school every morning? Remember when he wiped the tears away, Robyn? He’s an amazing guy. He loved you long before he admitted it. You’re lucky to have him.”

I stared at the ground as we walked, thoughts stirring wildly in my mind. “But… O-Our love isn’t that strong. We’ve only been together for three years. Besides, marriage is too much commitment.”

“Red I know you’re cautious and everything, but lighten up! Blake’s a great guy, and you have to learn to take some risks.”

I glared at her. “I am not cautious. I’m such a risk-taker!”

“Maybe when it comes to little things, girl. But when it comes to the big decisions, you run and hide as fast as you can. You have to learn to take those risks. Your youth is short so take some chances.”

“Hmm,” I hummed worriedly, “maybe you’re right.”

We continued along the beach-side boardwalk silently. The sky had turned a dark shade of purple mixed with navy blue. Stars littered the sky, along with fluffy dark gray clouds. The beach was completely vacant, save the famished seagulls nipping at the sand in search of food. However much I hated living in the crowded city of Charlotte, North Carolina, I couldn’t help but marvel at the glowing skyscrapers that actually seemed to touch the endless thing called sky. Soon enough, however, the street lamps flickered on and lit up the rest of the darkness, causing the beauty in the distance to fade away.

Suddenly, I heard Laney laugh and I stumbled as she nudged me hard. I stared up at her in confusion, wondering what was up. But all I saw was that large smooth grin smeared across her face.