5) Weird old Tazuna

Yayay chapter 5 finally! 

Thank you for all of those who've voted or fanned or commented or anything! It really means a lot when you do that :)

Robyn   >>>>>>>>

----------------------------------------

>>Robyn’s Perspective<<

            I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about food. Turns out those apples we’d eaten were just the appetizer, because what we’d just gotten was the full entree and dessert! The hunk of meat before me sizzled and soaked in greasy juices and made my mouth water. It looked so good! Laney next to me had already dived in, but for some reason I couldn’t do anything but stare at mine. It was as if I didn’t want to ruin the thought of what it might taste like. But I knew the real deal would be a thousand times better. I forced my hand forward to slowly cut a piece off, and I plopped it into my mouth, chewing slowly. Thirty seconds later my plate was licked clean.

            “Thank you so much Arata,” Laney beamed. “And for the medicine.”

            “Yeah, thank you,” I echoed.

            Arata, before we’d gone to bed, had noticed how badly burned and worn we were. She gave us some homemade medicine and bandages to wrap us up. But it was all mostly for Laney since I was completely healed by the time I arrived at the house. I wondered how it happened, but didn’t push it. Maybe that flash of lightning gave me super powers. Maybe I was never hurt in the first place. Maybe I was just too awesome for wounds. Either way I was back to my old self by morning. And I think my mind healed a bit too.

            “It’s my pleasure,” Arata nodded.

            “Laney-chan?” Haiya muttered shyly from her place at the table. “How long have you been lost?”

            “Idiot, that’s not polite,” Kororo corrected.

            “No, it’s fine. I don’t mind answering,” Laney grinned. “Well Robyn and I’ve been gone for a few days. It wasn’t a long time, but what happened before that was really what got us in our bind.”

            “Oh! What happened?” a small boy who went by the name of Bu asked. His eyes were wide and curious, and it didn’t take long for the others to join him.

            All of them – little kids under the age of seven, all with either red or brown hair – were leaned forward, expecting a story. Laney noticed this and cleared her throat.

            “Well, it all started on a night like tonight. The stars were out and it was nice and warm. We were just walking, you see. And it was actually right after Robyn’s birthday party. We were walking home,” Laney explained, her voice high and cheerful.

            They all turned their heads to me and stared in awe.

            “Happy birthday,” Arata beamed. “How old are you now?”

            “21,” I nodded my gratitude. “Thank you.”

            Laney decided to continue once seeing our exchange, “but on the way home, it started rained really heavily. And before we knew it we were struck by lightning!”

            They all gasped in shock, a few of them reeling back as Laney emphasized the word ‘lightning.’ Their eyes were wide and awestruck.