Nightmares & Lies

[If you already have this story added, you should vote for it. Because you love me for writing it.]

Chapter 5

"Everyone is afraid of something, If they weren't then we wouldn't experience the feeling of being held by someone." - Anonymous

 Kasey

Milly smoothed out my shirt on the side."There you go. You look like a girl who secretly found out about her date." She smiled proudly.

She took off down the stairs, not a second later Jake was stepping inside. "Where is she?" He grinned/ He hadn't noticed me yet because I was at the top of the stairs. His hair going in different directions. I hope I don't look under dressed.

I headed down the stairs, my heart beating rapidly in my chest at his smile. "Hey Jake."

His mouth dropped open at me. "H-hey Kasey. You look amazing." He gulped.

Milly looked from him to me. "So you two remember the rules right?" We groaned.

"Yes Milly. We're leaving now. Come on Jake." I grabbed his arm leading him back outside.

 Milly waved. "Jake you better bring her home safe and sound. Or you won't get to keep your legs." she warned.

Jake smiled again. "Milly I won't ever let anything happen to " He stopped shortly. "Kasey."

He opened the door for me, very gentleman like and closed in once I was inside. Milly said something else to Jake but I couldn't hear from inside the car. Whatever she said make him laugh before he responded then got in the car.

We were driving then all of a sudden, the car stopped. Jake got out to check the car when he suddently fell. He gripped the front bumper of the car with wide frantic eyes. "Kasey stay there!"

I choked on the rising lump in my throat. "Jake!" I tried to get out but the car locked with me inside. I took off my high heel shoe and began pounding the window. A creepy laugh filled my ears. I knew that laugh ..

I turned, heart beat accelerating to see my dad sitting in the car in the driver seat. I screamed as he reached over to choke me, with his hands around my neck. "J- Ja- ke!"  I screeched.\

"I told you that you wold never be able to hide from me Kasey. You tried to leave me, like your mother did!" He yelled menacingly.

"Stop please!" warm tears flooded my cheeks. I could feel my breathing slowly decreasing. My heart rate fading...

"It's your fault she's dead!" He growled, squeezing the last bit of life out of me.

"Kasey?! Kasey wake up!" Jake's voice shouted. I fought to open my eyes, to break free from that horrid nightmare.

"J- Jake.. I - I - " I stuttered, shaking and gasping for air.

He shushed me, holding me to his chest. I bit my tongue to keep from crying out.

"Kasey it's okay to let it out when you need to. Please open your eyes." He pleaded.

"He- He's going to find me and bring me back with him to New York then I'll.. He- He could kill me for leaving." I sobbed heavily. I clutched onto his shirt, staining it with salt water tears but I don't think he minded.

"I don't want you to worry about it. Okay?" Jake held my face between his hands looking deep into my eyes.

 "But -